Thread: 656 and City parks

656 and City parks

From what I read, we can OC in city parks in MO as long as we have a CCW (for ones that are not OC friendly already) as before, some cities restricted OC, one being St Charles City. Hell, 656 took away all cities rights to restrict anything and have to be in compliance with 571.101 - 070.

How do you guys read it?
    Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.

AFAIK, yes, OC via CCW anywhere not restricted by MO or USC. I read it like you, and it's pretty clear cut, IMHO. (But disclaimer - IANAJ nor play one on TV.)

Quote Originally Posted by kylemoul View Post
    From what I read, we can OC in city parks in MO as long as we have a CCW (for ones that are not OC friendly already) as before, some cities restricted OC, one being St Charles City. Hell, 656 took away all cities rights to restrict anything and have to be in compliance with 571.101 - 070.

How do you guys read it?
    And Amendment 5/the newly modified Article 1, Section 23 overrides 571.101 - 070, 21.750 (as modified by SB656), etc. etc.

You should read this thread: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...etainment-kind

AND, if you find a park district that is willing to go to the mat over their insistence that their park rules supercede A5/A1, S23, let us know. As I understand it, the individual stopped in the Springfield matter (BriKuz) is still pondering/planning his next move.