Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Constitutional carry amendment to be ruled out of order

  1. #1
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318

    Constitutional carry amendment to be ruled out of order

    It's being said that Stickland's constitutional carry amendment will be ruled out of order by the speaker. That ruling could be challenged if 10 members of the house would do so. Out of 150, it is seen as unlikely that even 10 will stand up and say that restoring and upholding the constitution of Texas is not out of order. If this is what is coming to pass, how do you feel about this?
    Advocate freedom please

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    El Paso County, Colorado
    Posts
    309
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    It's being said that Stickland's constitutional carry amendment will be ruled out of order by the speaker. That ruling could be challenged if 10 members of the house would do so. Out of 150, it is seen as unlikely that even 10 will stand up and say that restoring and upholding the constitution of Texas is not out of order. If this is what is coming to pass, how do you feel about this?
    Seems to me that if ten out of 150 can't be found to object, then that's prima facie proof that this amendment was indeed dead in the water and there is in fact NO significant interest in free open carry in the TX legislature, in spite all the chest beating I have seen around here to the contrary.

    The more interesting question would then be: if there was ever any interest in such.

    But let's first see what actually happens.

  3. #3
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveInCO View Post
    Seems to me that if ten out of 150 can't be found to object, then that's prima facie proof that this amendment was indeed dead in the water and there is in fact NO significant interest in free open carry in the TX legislature, in spite all the chest beating I have seen around here to the contrary.

    The more interesting question would then be: if there was ever any interest in such.

    But let's first see what actually happens.
    The point is, they're avoiding accountability. They do not want to record a no vote. They want to hold themselves up as defenders of the second amendment, when they are in fact not defenders of it, and they know it.

    The fact that calling the amendment out of order is supposedly going to be used as the vehicle for it's demise is the point. If nobody supports the amendment, why not just let them vote against it, and then it will be over and done with?
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 04-14-2015 at 01:20 PM.
    Advocate freedom please

  4. #4
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,281
    If it remains legal to OC a long gun, antique firearm, I hope OCT continues to stand tall and continue to carry without a permit. They will have to then rethink their slight of hand next session.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  5. #5
    Regular Member 77zach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Marion County, FL
    Posts
    3,005
    Toljaso. +1 to OCT continuing their efforts.
    Last edited by 77zach; 04-14-2015 at 08:48 PM.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

    I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

  6. #6
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    Blogger states that Greg Abbott worked hard behind the scenes to abuse the germaneness process to prevent debate or vote on constitutional carry amendment http://acahnman.blogspot.com/2015/04...rship-and.html
    Advocate freedom please

  7. #7
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,281
    Abbot is a politician, it should have been expected. They say one thing, then do another.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  8. #8
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Abbot is a politician, it should have been expected. They say one thing, then do another.
    I was so naive to think otherwise.
    Advocate freedom please

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •