• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Constitutional carry amendment to be ruled out of order

stealthyeliminator

It's being said that Stickland's constitutional carry amendment will be ruled out of order by the speaker. That ruling could be challenged if 10 members of the house would do so. Out of 150, it is seen as unlikely that even 10 will stand up and say that restoring and upholding the constitution of Texas is not out of order. If this is what is coming to pass, how do you feel about this?

SteveInCO

It's being said that Stickland's constitutional carry amendment will be ruled out of order by the speaker. That ruling could be challenged if 10 members of the house would do so. Out of 150, it is seen as unlikely that even 10 will stand up and say that restoring and upholding the constitution of Texas is not out of order. If this is what is coming to pass, how do you feel about this?

Seems to me that if ten out of 150 can't be found to object, then that's prima facie proof that this amendment was indeed dead in the water and there is in fact NO significant interest in free open carry in the TX legislature, in spite all the chest beating I have seen around here to the contrary.

The more interesting question would then be: if there was ever any interest in such.

But let's first see what actually happens.

stealthyeliminator

Seems to me that if ten out of 150 can't be found to object, then that's prima facie proof that this amendment was indeed dead in the water and there is in fact NO significant interest in free open carry in the TX legislature, in spite all the chest beating I have seen around here to the contrary.

The more interesting question would then be: if there was ever any interest in such.

But let's first see what actually happens.

The point is, they're avoiding accountability. They do not want to record a no vote. They want to hold themselves up as defenders of the second amendment, when they are in fact not defenders of it, and they know it.

The fact that calling the amendment out of order is supposedly going to be used as the vehicle for it's demise is the point. If nobody supports the amendment, why not just let them vote against it, and then it will be over and done with?

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

If it remains legal to OC a long gun, antique firearm, I hope OCT continues to stand tall and continue to carry without a permit. They will have to then rethink their slight of hand next session.