Thread: Potts Slope gun Range

Potts Slope gun Range

couldn't find the SW VA thread. so i will just tell my experience here

went from Covington, VA to Salem, ended up going through New Castle. I like that little town. they have a OC and a prepper festival there

as i was coming down Potts Mtn (very beautiful vistas BTW), I ran across the Potts Slope Gun Range, so i just had to stop. there were several people there shooting. I had good conversations with all of them. I handed out some VCDL fliers and invited them to come to this site.

it is good that people have this resource to go to. I would love to see more organized shoots at these places
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Lil'Bravo and I shoot there from time to time... We have been lucky for the MOST part, and been there when the range was mostly or totally empty!

However, the last time we went there, all the firing lines were full, we got out to do a visual and see how long a wait it might be... In 3 minutes being out of the Jeep, we counted no less than 12 unsafe acts with perceived to be loaded weapons. We looked at each other, made a mad dash for the Jeep and got the HELL out of there, before we ended up a statistic!

Going to Potts range is like putting your life in someone else's hands!!

Ill just stick with my buddy's private range.

EB

Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post
    Lil'Bravo and I shoot there from time to time... We have been lucky for the MOST part, and been there when the range was mostly or totally empty!

However, the last time we went there, all the firing lines were full, we got out to do a visual and see how long a wait it might be... In 3 minutes being out of the Jeep, we counted no less than 12 unsafe acts with perceived to be loaded weapons. We looked at each other, made a mad dash for the Jeep and got the HELL out of there, before we ended up a statistic!

Going to Potts range is like putting your life in someone else's hands!!

Ill just stick with my buddy's private range.

EB
    there was 7 people there, shooting in 3 groups, when i was there. every body seem to know what they were doing and seem to have good saftey guards on.
    Luke 22:36 ; 36Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

"guns are like a Parachute, if you don't have one when you need it, you will not need one again"
    - unknown

i you call a CHP a CCW then you are really stupid. period.

Great report. And, it's no charge!