Thread: LEO uses vehicle as weapon

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

LEO uses vehicle as weapon

An Arizona police department released video Tuesday showing a police officer using a car to ram an armed suspect in February.

Valencia is jailed on 11 counts that include armed robbery, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, arson, burglary, shoplifting and theft. He is being held at the Pima County Jail.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-co...-shows-n341636
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

copy + pasted from another thread

One on hand you've got a psycho cop willing to mow someone down with his car. On the other hand, the guy was apparently a very dangerous, violent, armed individual who was also likely a psycho. Even in another thread we have covered how TN v. Garner allows deadly force when apprehending a suspect who basically fits this guy's description to a T. Personally, I don't feel good about the fact that this is acceptable - and it seems cruel and unusual, but legally is it really a crime?

Would the alternative have been safer or more humane - the alternative probably being gunfight in a residential area? It's just hard for me to lump in the vehicular assault case with these unarmed people being shot to death. Is it disturbing nonetheless? Absolutely.

Also, if the guy was thinking of killing people and likely police officers, how did this not save lives?

Just trying to play devil's advocate here since I usually take such a hard line on these issues.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

I wish Darren Wilson had used his vehicle, but then I believe he was incompetent as a police officer.

All he had to do was drive away when Brown allegedly attacked him.
    Last edited by WalkingWolf; 04-15-2015 at 02:17 PM.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

My reason for posting this was more to point out (remind) that anything can be used as a weapon - guess I didn't make that clear.

Not attacking or defending any of the parties to the event.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 04-15-2015 at 02:35 PM. Reason: added
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Founder's Club Member
    Maybe the tail-end of the other thread can be moved here? They're sorta related, but it might be better for each thread to be separate.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    Okay, that's funny...but don't see that anything like that applies here.

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    I think if you play it back with the right audio filter I think you can actually here the cop saying it,,..
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

the guy stole a weapon, then went about the hood shooting it!
    so, what IF he shot into your house and hit your kid? (hypothetical question....not an attack on you!)
    what IF?................ Put your favorite scenario here.

The LEO went home safe and sound and put an end to the criminal activity.
    I have NO PROBLEMS with that.
    Last edited by Cava3r4; 04-24-2015 at 09:50 AM.