Thread: Holder’s gun-ban list of ‘mental defectives’ is mostly veterans and dependents

Holder’s gun-ban list of ‘mental defectives’ is mostly veterans and dependents

The chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee wants U.S. Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. to explain why a Department of Justice gun-ban list has a “mental defective” category consisting almost entirely of names belonging to military veterans and their dependents.

“It’s disturbing to think that the men and women who dedicated themselves to defending our freedom and values face undue threats to their fundamental Second Amendment rights from the very agency established to serve them,” said Sen. Chuck Grassley, Iowa Republican, in a statement Wednesday. “A veteran or dependent shouldn’t lose their Constitutional rights because they need help with bookkeeping.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...s-mostly-vete/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

As if adhering to one's oath of office to support and defend the Constitution as did those who founded this country is SO "mentally defective," while doing what Holder's been doing... isn't?
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Holder’s gun-ban list of ‘mental defectives’ is mostly veterans and dependents

How about this quote:

"According to the Congressional Research Service, as of June 1, 2012, 99.3% of all names reported to the NICS list’s "mental defective” category were provided by the Veterans Administration (VA) even though reporting requirements apply to all federal agencies."

http://m.townhall.com/tipsheet/katie...-list-n1985787

I am sure you can trace this back to Holder, Obama and a few of his Marxist Tsars and attorneys figuring out ways to extend gun control.

I also bet there is an angle where VA employees get some kind of $ bonus for reaching quotas on how many they put on NICS list, and/or this ties into math of taking them off the waiting list roll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HPmatt; 04-18-2015 at 08:27 AM.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Holder needs to take a nice vacation to Iraq.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken56 View Post
    Holder needs to take a nice vacation to Iraq.
    Who do you suppose is directing the lynching of Loretta Lynch, and why?

Holder and DoJ are knowingly and purposely, just like the VA, perverting the definition of a mentally defective person.

https://www.atf.gov/content/firearms...ibited-persons

Last year ATF proposed a change to the term "mentally defective" https://www.atf.gov/sites/default/fi..._order0001.pdf so that it would read

... persons who are found incompetent to stand trial or not guilty by reason of mental disease or defect, lack of mental responsibility, or insanity, and that the term includes persons found guilty but mentally ill. The Department recognizes that the term "mental defective" is outdated, but it is included in the statute and cannot be amended by regulation. The proposed amendments would further clarify that federal, state, local and military courts are lawful authorities that can find persons incompetent to stand trial or find them not guilty by reason of mental desease or defect, lack of mental responsibility, or insanity. ....
    The VA is not a court or other lawful authority that an find ....

Further, a straight reading of the above is that all of the above categories relate only to reasons why a person cannot stand trial or cannot be found guilty of a criminal charge. Just like those that want to play with the commas in the Second Amendment, except that there is no preferatory clause nor a subordinate clause to confuse the question.

The biggest problem is that the vast majority of those the VA has placed on the gun-ban list do not even know that they were placed on the list.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

I have a nephew who did 3 tours as an army sapper (demolitions-doing route clearance) and this is why he says he will NEVER go to any VA medical facility.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    SNIPThe biggest problem is that the vast majority of those the VA has placed on the gun-ban list do not even know that they were placed on the list.

stay safe.
    VA nurse: "Mr. Iraq Veteran, do you have nightmares about your combat experiences? Flinch at loud noises, or feel an urge to go prone? Are you different in any way? Maybe a little more prone to worry or stress?

Veteran: "Yes. No flinching, but prone to worry and stress, and an occasional nightmare. Sometimes even in the daytime, an image from Iraq will come to mind."

Nurse: "Thank you. We'll get you some help for that. Its called PTSD." <notes file that veteran has mental problems>

All of which is a total betrayal. A fella answers questions honestly while seeking help, and that offer to help is turned into a betrayal denying him a sport he loves or being able to defend himself and loved ones.

I would need all of Mark Twain's considerable vocabulary of cuss words to express my outrage at such or similar.
    Last edited by Citizen; 04-18-2015 at 05:10 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    VA nurse: ... prone to worry or stress?...
    Why, yes, I find that going prone often helps eliminate things causing me stress.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    VA nurse: "Mr. Iraq Veteran, do you have nightmares about your combat experiences? Flinch at loud noises, or feel an urge to go prone? Are you different in any way? Maybe a little more prone to worry or stress?

Veteran: "Yes. No flinching, but prone to worry and stress, and an occasional nightmare. Sometimes even in the daytime, an image from Iraq will come to mind."

Nurse: "Thank you. We'll get you some help for that. Its called PTSD." <notes file that veteran has mental problems>
    Turnabout is fair play:

Veteran: "You've never had any bad dreams?"

Nurse: "Well, of course I've had bad dreams. Everyone has bad dreams from time to time. The worst ones are from the time they brought in multiple crash victims. One guy clearly wasn't going to make it, but he kept talking to me as if he'd be going home later in the day. I still have nightmares about that, and flinch whenever calls come in over the radio."

Veteran: "I see... Sounds exactly like what you call 'PTSD' " <notes file that nurse has mental problems>
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Why, yes, I find that going prone often helps eliminate things causing me stress.

Definitely wasn't expecting that.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

For some reason this story is being bumped all over social media today, including the NRA's FB. Why?
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

The Chatanooga shootings are reigniting concern for arming active duty troops before the VA has diagnosed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    The Chatanooga shootings are reigniting concern for arming active duty troops before the VA has diagnosed them.
    The idea that the VA has ANY authority to deny a veteran's Constitutional rights simply because they served in the military is utterly absurd. That the VA apparently thinks they have such right, however, is clear.

Regardless, our Second Amendment clearly states "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." I'm a veteran. If the VA ever knocked on my door and attempted to tell me I was somehow prohibited from exercising my Constitutional rights, I'd probably arrest them on the spot and call the FBI or my local Sheriff.

I suppose our next step is for everyone to get bumper stickers that say, "Veterans are people too!"

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    The idea that the VA has ANY authority to deny a veteran's Constitutional rights simply because they served in the military is utterly absurd. That the VA apparently thinks they have such right, however, is clear.

Regardless, our Second Amendment clearly states "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." I'm a veteran. If the VA ever knocked on my door and attempted to tell me I was somehow prohibited from exercising my Constitutional rights, I'd probably arrest them on the spot and call the FBI or my local Sheriff.

I suppose our next step is for everyone to get bumper stickers that say, "Veterans are people too!"
    This can have such a far reach. It is scary. This is in line with the new mental health policies that if a doctor thinks you might be dangerous. We will be an u armed country full of people that can't care for ouselves. Hmmm kinda sounds like all the other governments we have been against.

Makes me throw up in my mouth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk