Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: Gives us a bad name

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    4

    Gives us a bad name

    Ted Nugent is a ****. He makes the NRA and lawful, responsible gun owners look bad.

    http://www.salon.com/2015/04/15/ted_...ium=socialflow

  2. #2
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    The Nuge is quite the eccentric figure head. I'm not a fan of the NRA, but I'm not surprised that the NRA embraces The Nuge to connect with their people. It's an appeal to emotion in a way, and it works because people keep giving the NRA their money.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  3. #3
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Who's this "us".

    NRA doesn't represent me and neither does wacky Uncle Ted.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Unless Ted is being introduced as a spokesperson of the organization he is but one lone opinion being given an opportunity to share that with the world.

    Ted is purposely out there at the edge of the envelope (or beyond it) because he always stimulates discussion.

    Shannon Watts is the Ted Nugent of the anti-rights crowd but I don't hear those who would like to see 'reasonable restrictions" complaining because what she says is so outlandish. Maybe it's because they see the utility of having an extreme outer limit that they can fall back from?

    I see the problem as being that we are already with our backs against the wall. There are no concessions we can make - unless you consider giving up more rights in exchange for not getting anything in return a "consession". So Ted swings for the fences and I think it is designed to give some maneuvering room. (I may not support the precise things he says, but I do support what I believe is the notion behind them.)

    It's between Ted nugent and a John Kerry-like spokesperson. Which do you want?

    stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  5. #5
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Unless Ted is being introduced as a spokesperson of the organization he is but one lone opinion being given an opportunity to share that with the world.

    Ted is purposely out there at the edge of the envelope (or beyond it) because he always stimulates discussion.

    Shannon Watts is the Ted Nugent of the anti-rights crowd but I don't hear those who would like to see 'reasonable restrictions" complaining because what she says is so outlandish. Maybe it's because they see the utility of having an extreme outer limit that they can fall back from?

    I see the problem as being that we are already with our backs against the wall. There are no concessions we can make - unless you consider giving up more rights in exchange for not getting anything in return a "consession". So Ted swings for the fences and I think it is designed to give some maneuvering room. (I may not support the precise things he says, but I do support what I believe is the notion behind them.)

    It's between Ted nugent and a John Kerry-like spokesperson. Which do you want?

    stay safe.
    Very insightful comments, skidmark. I had never thought about it in that way. Excellent food for thought!
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran skidmark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Chesterfield VA
    Posts
    10,682
    Quote Originally Posted by deepdiver View Post
    Very insightful comments, skidmark. I had never thought about it in that way. Excellent food for thought!
    Chew on some of Lawdog's cake, too. He calls it "compromise". Same thing as "concessions".

    stay safe.

    http://thelawdogfiles.blogspot.com/2...-ill-play.html

    Q (from anti-rights person): Will you continue a reasonable discussion towards an end that might lead somewhere or is this an exercise in futility?

    Lawdog's A: Since what you consider to be reasonable isn't even in the same plane of reality with what I consider reasonable, probably not.

    Allow me to explain.

    I hear a lot about "compromise" from your camp ... except, it's not compromise.

    Let's say I have this cake. It is a very nice cake, with "GUN RIGHTS" written across the top in lovely floral icing. Along you come and say, "Give me that cake."

    I say, "No, it's my cake."

    You say, "Let's compromise. Give me half." I respond by asking what I get out of this compromise, and you reply that I get to keep half of my cake.

    Okay, we compromise. Let us call this compromise The National Firearms Act of 1934.

    There I am with my half of the cake, and you walk back up and say, "Give me that cake."

    I say, "No, it's my cake."

    You say, "Let's compromise." What do I get out of this compromise? Why, I get to keep half of what's left of the cake I already own.

    So, we have your compromise -- let us call this one the Gun Control Act of 1968 -- and I'm left holding what is now just a quarter of my cake.

    And I'm sitting in the corner with my quarter piece of cake, and here you come again. You want my cake. Again.

    This time you take several bites -- we'll call this compromise the Clinton Executive Orders -- and I'm left with about a tenth of what has always been MY DAMN CAKE and you've got nine-tenths of it.

    Then we compromised with the Lautenberg Act (nibble, nibble), the HUD/Smith and Wesson agreement (nibble, nibble), the Brady Law (NOM NOM NOM), the School Safety and Law Enforcement Improvement Act (sweet tap-dancing Freyja, my finger!)

    I'm left holding crumbs of what was once a large and satisfying cake, and you're standing there with most of MY CAKE, making anime eyes and whining about being "reasonable", and wondering "why we won't compromise".

    I'm done with being reasonable, and I'm done with compromise. Nothing about gun control in this country has ever been "reasonable" nor a genuine "compromise".

    LawDog
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

    Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

    "No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

  7. #7
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post

    It's between Ted nugent and a John Kerry-like spokesperson. Which do you want?

    stay safe.

    Neither. Sometimes you don't have to take what is offered.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  8. #8
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,887
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Neither. Sometimes you don't have to take what is offered.
    OMG, not Hispanic jeb? say it isn't so...

    ipse
    Last edited by solus; 04-18-2015 at 12:00 AM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  9. #9
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    SNIP Who's this "us".
    You individual you! C'mon. Get with the socialist program. Didn't you know you were collective-ized? Just because the rest of the socialists said so; not because you had any say in the matter. What's the matter with you, anyway?



    (PS: I know that's not really what the OPer meant; he was talking more in the sense of a team. But, I couldn't pass up the chance to razz SVG.)
    Last edited by Citizen; 04-18-2015 at 12:24 AM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  10. #10
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    OMG, not Hispanic jeb? say it isn't so...

    ipse
    LOL....I'm slow this morning ( well maybe not just this morning), took me a few minutes to see what you did there.....well played sir!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  11. #11
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    You individual you! C'mon. Get with the socialist program. Didn't you know you were collective-ized? Just because the rest of the socialists said so; not because you had any say in the matter. What's the matter with you, anyway?



    (PS: I know that's not really what the OPer meant; he was talking more in the sense of a team. But, I couldn't pass up the chance to razz SVG.)
    Haha...I have been called a

    Confrontational
    Anarchist
    Radical
    Extremist................CARE (much better than DARE) because I care....or am totally insane...
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  12. #12
    Regular Member Elhuero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    24
    I love it when Ted Nugent speaks.

    A thick skin is a must in a free society.

    If his words irritate you then you need to gain a better grasp of what freedom really means and foment a stronger mental attitude.
    If Law Enforcement really supported the Second Amendment, open carriers would never get harassed or arrested.

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  13. #13
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Elhuero View Post
    I love it when Ted Nugent speaks.

    A thick skin is a must in a free society.

    If his words irritate you then you need to gain a better grasp of what freedom really means and foment a stronger mental attitude.
    <chuckle>

    You probably didn't realize this, but you aimed your comment at one of the most liberty-minded members of the forum. Check out his post history.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  14. #14
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,274
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Haha...I have been called a

    Confrontational
    Anarchist
    Radical
    Extremist................CARE (much better than DARE) because I care....or am totally insane...
    Sarcastic comes to mind...have you washed that t-shirt?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  15. #15
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Sarcastic comes to mind...have you washed that t-shirt?
    I know you didn't mean it this way OCforME; I'm just using your comment as a springboard.


    SVG's shirt was washed in the blood of innocent Native-American woodcarver John T. Williams by Officer Ian Birk. It will never need to be washed again--not until America recovers its Liberty.


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt1mFQG3tJg

    Warning: the video provides off-screen audio of the killing of John T. Williams.
    Last edited by Citizen; 04-20-2015 at 06:38 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  16. #16
    Regular Member HP995's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    MO, USA
    Posts
    289
    We're looking for accurate information and high moral ground in Salon?

    While awake and sober?

    You have to read the whole article to get the quote in context.

    And then you see it's quite different than the opener. It's a squirrely article. As expected.

  17. #17
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Sarcastic comes to mind...have you washed that t-shirt?

    LOL....I love it...CARES
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  18. #18
    Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Whatcom County
    Posts
    17,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I know you didn't mean it this way OCforME; I'm just using your comment as a springboard.


    SVG's shirt was washed in the blood of innocent Native-American woodcarver John T. Williams by Officer Ian Birk. It will never need to be washed again--not until America recovers its Liberty.


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt1mFQG3tJg

    Warning: the video provides off-screen audio of the killing of John T. Williams.
    +1
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

    U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

  19. #19
    Regular Member Elhuero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    <chuckle>

    You probably didn't realize this, but you aimed your comment at one of the most liberty-minded members of the forum. Check out his post history.
    who is it that you think I "aimed" my comment at?
    If Law Enforcement really supported the Second Amendment, open carriers would never get harassed or arrested.

    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

  20. #20
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    In discussing a subject that is always going to lead to compromise, if you aren't presenting the extreme segment of your side, any compromise will leave you with nothing. The other side is not hesitant to present the extreme of their position. Being "reasonable", "moderate" and "polite" has gotten us the the awful position that we are in now.
    +1,000,000,000,000,000,000

    Best post I've seen in months on any subject!
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  21. #21
    Founder's Club Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Posts
    18,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Elhuero View Post
    who is it that you think I "aimed" my comment at?
    The poster just above yours, who also didn't care for "wacky" Ted, but I do get your point now.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

    If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

    There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

  22. #22
    Campaign Veteran marshaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia
    Posts
    11,487
    Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    In discussing a subject that is always going to lead to compromise, if you aren't presenting the extreme segment of your side, any compromise will leave you with nothing. The other side is not hesitant to present the extreme of their position. Being "reasonable", "moderate" and "polite" has gotten us the the awful position that we are in now.
    Oh, I agree. And I use this tactic myself.

    None of that changes the fact that Ted Nugent is an asshat. I could do a better job of defending the RKBA drunk.

    He's the kind of guy who works on backslaps from the echo chamber of prior agreement. But imagine for one second that Nugent was, say, an anti-gunner. Would you even bother to hear his arguments? Or would you assume, whatever arguments the anti-gun side might have which need rebuttal, they aren't going to come from his mouth?

    Seriously. The man is an embarrassment to human kind, much less the intellectual RKBA advocate. Plus, he's an anti-OC, "the 2A is about hunting" FUDD. (Or at least he used to be. If he is no longer, I'd say that, given his prior blowhard-ing on the issue, that shows exactly what his views are worth.)
    Last edited by marshaul; 04-21-2015 at 04:32 PM.

  23. #23
    Regular Member Samopal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Northville, MI
    Posts
    66
    Nugent mocked NRA members who have threatened to quit ...

    “The NRA is it!” he shouted.
    Who's going to break the news to Ted that the SAF exists and actually gets stuff done?
    You can never be too rich, too good-looking, or too well-armed.

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    1,128

    Thumbs down NRA Must Give "The Nuge" The Boot NOW

    In a February 8 Facebook post, Ted Nugent shared an image headlined, "So who is really behind gun control?" with Israeli flags next to faces of 12 Jewish American politicians and issue advocates with whom he differs on RKBA issues. The pictures feature descriptions such as "Jew York city mayor Mikey Bloomberg." Nugent's caption reads: "Know these punks. They hate freedom, they hate good over evil, they would deny us the basic human right to self defense & to KEEP & BEAR ARMS while many of them have tax paid hired ARMED security! Know them well. Tell every1 you know how evil they are. Let us raise maximum hell to shut them down." It appears to be constructed largely from a similar image on Stormfront, a prominent white supremacist website:

    Here is the image (click for a larger version):

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nugent Image 2.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	64.2 KB 
ID:	12981

    Here the post is again -- defiantly still there four days after posting -- on Mr. Nugent's Facebook page, despite the angry responses of many hundreds of RKBA advocates:

    https://www.facebook.com/tednugent/p...type=3&theater

    His response to his critics:

    "NEVER AGAIN mthrfkrs . . . ."

    Every second that this blockhead remains on the NRA Board discredits not only that organization but the entire RKBA movement.

    If he was a useful idiot before he is now a dangerous one.

    Those of you who remain NRA members please let them know your thoughts on this. Their customer service number is:

    1 (800) 672-3888

    Those of you who may be interested in vintage "Nuge" albums to play or burn, just let me know.

    For further info:

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...itic-outburst/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ted Nugent Facebook image.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	83.5 KB 
ID:	12980  

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    , , Kernersville NC
    Posts
    783
    Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    In discussing a subject that is always going to lead to compromise, if you aren't presenting the extreme segment of your side, any compromise will leave you with nothing. The other side is not hesitant to present the extreme of their position. Being "reasonable", "moderate" and "polite" has gotten us the the awful position that we are in now.
    ^^^This. We are in this together for Liberty, whatever anybody thinks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •