• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gives us a bad name

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
In discussing a subject that is always going to lead to compromise, if you aren't presenting the extreme segment of your side, any compromise will leave you with nothing. The other side is not hesitant to present the extreme of their position. Being "reasonable", "moderate" and "polite" has gotten us the the awful position that we are in now.

Oh, I agree. And I use this tactic myself.

None of that changes the fact that Ted Nugent is an asshat. I could do a better job of defending the RKBA drunk.

He's the kind of guy who works on backslaps from the echo chamber of prior agreement. But imagine for one second that Nugent was, say, an anti-gunner. Would you even bother to hear his arguments? Or would you assume, whatever arguments the anti-gun side might have which need rebuttal, they aren't going to come from his mouth?

Seriously. The man is an embarrassment to human kind, much less the intellectual RKBA advocate. Plus, he's an anti-OC, "the 2A is about hunting" FUDD. (Or at least he used to be. If he is no longer, I'd say that, given his prior blowhard-ing on the issue, that shows exactly what his views are worth.)

Last edited:

The Donkey

NRA Must Give "The Nuge" The Boot NOW

In a February 8 Facebook post, Ted Nugent shared an image headlined, "So who is really behind gun control?" with Israeli flags next to faces of 12 Jewish American politicians and issue advocates with whom he differs on RKBA issues. The pictures feature descriptions such as "Jew York city mayor Mikey Bloomberg." Nugent's caption reads: "Know these punks. They hate freedom, they hate good over evil, they would deny us the basic human right to self defense & to KEEP & BEAR ARMS while many of them have tax paid hired ARMED security! Know them well. Tell every1 you know how evil they are. Let us raise maximum hell to shut them down." It appears to be constructed largely from a similar image on Stormfront, a prominent white supremacist website:

Here is the image (click for a larger version):

Nugent Image 2.jpg

Here the post is again -- defiantly still there four days after posting -- on Mr. Nugent's Facebook page, despite the angry responses of many hundreds of RKBA advocates:

https://www.facebook.com/tednugent/...24016042296/10153470914987297/?type=3&theater

His response to his critics:

"NEVER AGAIN mthrfkrs . . . ."

Every second that this blockhead remains on the NRA Board discredits not only that organization but the entire RKBA movement.

If he was a useful idiot before he is now a dangerous one.

Those of you who remain NRA members please let them know your thoughts on this. Their customer service number is:

1 (800) 672-3888

Those of you who may be interested in vintage "Nuge" albums to play or burn, just let me know.

For further info:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...nugent-from-board-over-anti-semitic-outburst/

Attachments

• Ted Nugent Facebook image.jpg
    Ted Nugent Facebook image.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 142

nobama

In discussing a subject that is always going to lead to compromise, if you aren't presenting the extreme segment of your side, any compromise will leave you with nothing. The other side is not hesitant to present the extreme of their position. Being "reasonable", "moderate" and "polite" has gotten us the the awful position that we are in now.

^^^This. We are in this together for Liberty, whatever anybody thinks.

The Donkey

^^^This. We are in this together for Liberty, whatever anybody thinks.

Ted Nugent is not "presenting the extreme position of your side."

He is attacking these people as Jews.

While this is extreme behavior, his expressions of antisemitism are not part of any side of the gun debate.

It is as if someone on the NRA Board came out as a vocal advocate of pedophilia.

Even if one could be "in this together for Liberty" with this "man-boy love" promoter on gun issues alone, a whole lot of actual and persuadable pro-gun "anybodies" would be turned off by keeping the pedophile on the NRA Board.

If the NRA wishes to retain its influence on issues like gun rights it must remain very vigilant about "whatever anybody thinks."

The Donkey

And he is still on the nra board!

. . . and he may be there for as long as he wants to be, because he has the votes, because the NRA members who show up and vote either agree with him or just don't care.

It is as if the "Motor City Madman" were serenading the whole RKBA movement with:

Strangle Hold
Ted Nugent

1. Here I come again now, baby
    Like a dog in heat
    Tell it's me by the clamor now baby
    I like to tear up the street,
    Now I been smokin for so long,
    Ya know I'm here to stay
    Got you in a stranglehold, baby
    You best get outta the way
    The road I cruise is a b.... now, baby
    But no, you can't turn me round