• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

McAuliffe 'perfect' on vetoes; Lori Haas gloats

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
He's not acting out of ignorance nor self-interest. He is following the Party playbook and positioning himself to rise within the Party. I predict Kaine will take some sort of position in the Hillary Cabinet, McAuliffe will run and win the Senate seat vacated by Kaine, and Herring will move into the Governor's mansion. And make no mistake about it: Herring will be ten times worse on any and all 2A rights.

I'd love to whistle through the graveyard and say your wrong Scooter, but I made the same prediction months ago.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
There have been dire predictions about Virginia's future - some that would cause Thomas Jefferson and his contemporaries to rise up from the ground in outrage.

I'm not willing to roll over and play dead - not even willing to conceed any aspect of the Damnocrat's platform/agenda.

We must see a bonding together of the many conservative factions in the Commonwealth if we are to interupt the flow of big brother/big government in our state and nationally. Even if we accomplish that, Kaine (ain't able) will still likely be rewarded with a position of national prominence, if the Dems win the white house again.

If we shut the Dems out of the white house, Kaine is left to wilt in the Senate as a male Pelosi - making a lot of ineffectual noise. Then McAwful has no where to go but to the D party to receive his 30 pieces of silver - state or national committee, or chairman?

We must win the VA senate elections and keep our values reflected properly there.

The executive branch elections in VA could well be ours to grab - again if the various conservation groups can pull in tandem and swing for the fences. Many battles to be fought between now and then. Saddle up and ride, fight hard, fight well. I smell a fresh breeze blowing.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I hope we can pull it off grape, but honestly, I've never seen the state so divided nor have I ever seen the enemy of my enemy played as much as now.
The presidential is still unknown. I'll bet dollars to doughnuts on the governor...Kaine. ..who knows, he may sleep through the whole thing.

And then there is the va house and senate. I don't think I'm the only one that's noticed the Republican reluctance to enact real ethics reform. It's the small special interest groups that'll win this very tight race.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
That's true to a point SB but as you've pointed out to me about north of the Ni folks...one size doesn't fit all. It's surprising how many fine people on this site came from the nether world. It isn't quite as surprising the number of born Virginians that are on my smack on sight list.

Imo...the VA Beach area is just as bad about having undesirable imports as NOVA.
As a matter of fact I have video and audio of a VB EM...telling me they were a self defense group and not interested in hunters. Snotty little fellow, works the shows there.

Like most things, I have a theory about tidewater. First, I think the navy gives it's undesirables shore leave...then sails away. Second, I think saltwater has been leeching into the wells. If you read about shipwrecked sailors drinking salt water, insanity is one of the results.

I unfortunately know a dog hunter, ex navy from joisey...won't say his name because he's a member here, lives at the beach and wants to close the gun show loophole. Dog hunters are always claiming the come here's are the only ones that hate them...ain't true though.

I should add that I also know quite a few people who have come here from areas up north, and from foreign countries, who love Virginia and embrace its richness. The father in the family who lives directly across the street from me is from Boston and is a solid conservative. The lady who cuts my hair is from Vietnam and can't stand Obama because she thinks of communist Vietnam when she sees him on the air.

There are others to be certain. But there are also enough of the ones who come here and bring their ideas with them then try to change what we have had traditionally.

scooter348

I should add that I also know quite a few people who have come here from areas up north, and from foreign countries, who love Virginia and embrace its richness. The father in the family who lives directly across the street from me is from Boston and is a solid conservative. The lady who cuts my hair is from Vietnam and can't stand Obama because she thinks of communist Vietnam when she sees him on the air.

There are others to be certain. But there are also enough of the ones who come here and bring their ideas with them then try to change what we have had traditionally.

I talk to so many people every day who express their disgust/anger/dissatisfaction with the president/governor/Democrats/Progressives, yet when asked, they admit they didn't vote. And our esteemed Governor knows how apathetic people are and he uses it to his advantage. This apathy will be the downfall of our great nation one day.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I talk to so many people every day who express their disgust/anger/dissatisfaction with the president/governor/Democrats/Progressives, yet when asked, they admit they didn't vote. And our esteemed Governor knows how apathetic people are and he uses it to his advantage. This apathy will be the downfall of our great nation one day.
There is a vast target market of lesser educated, lower income, and some ethnic groups that have been catered to quite well by the Democratic Party. (no cite provided). A great deal of the social programs (socialization?) have been of greater perceived benefit to these than to the more affluent, better educated peoples. The campaigning, speeches and programs, bills, executive orders, etc. are directed to areas/people who want more personal financial security given to them, hence are motivated to vote.

The Democrats divide us, claim the larger group, motivate them, and gain substantial votes. Then you add to that certain areas of a high concentration of liberal residents where not a lot of time and money need be spent and the D's gain office. At least that is my opinion of what happened in the last state election with regard to the top executive positions.

To take back the top three executive offices, we need to make inroads into these enclaves and get out the vote beyond single interest voters on the conservative side.

Having a charismatic candidate for governor doesn't hurt either. Witness the candidate choice of Ken Cuccinelli (charismatic) over Bill Bowling (cold potatoes). With all of his problems, I believe Cuccinelli would have been a far better governor than our present McAwful, but he was badly out spent and McAuliffe presented himself as one of the people. Funny thing is that McAullife is personally a product of big business (banking and real estate) and made his money on the very people who elected him - now he pays them back with more of what they want and more of what will win votes for the Dems.

We must show the damaged caused by that for everyone. The Tea Party, 2A groups, motorcycle lobby et al need to join hands. We have our work cut out for us.

Last edited: