Thread: Technology to the Rescue - fixing gun loss boating accidents

Technology to the Rescue - fixing gun loss boating accidents

For those other unfortunate souls out there who have lost entire gun collections in unfortunate boating accidents, help is on the way!

From TTAG:

When it comes to maritime activities, TTAG’s Armed Intelligentsia is unlucky. Again and again, we hear of boating accidents in which all manner of firearms are tragically lost. While there’s not much we can do to save the guns, Morgan Advanced Materials’ Composites and Defence Systems are doing their level best to keep gun owners afloat and bullet-resistant………One can only hope the system makes it to the civilian market – hope floats! – and that the new holsters prevent the kind of loss experienced by our unfortunate readers …..

Link: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...ic-protection/
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Silly me........I always thought this was the way to prevent gun loss boating accidents.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	voting-booth.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	24.0 KB 
ID:	12480  
    Assault Weapon (N) “Any firearm whose design disturbs the sleep of progressive politicians.”.

Besides posibly keeping someone from being air conditioned, all that will do is keep them afloat. Does nothing to prevent the tragic sinkings.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhead View Post
    Silly me........I always thought this was the way to prevent gun loss boating accidents.

Yep and thats how they disappear too.

Whens the last time a slave voted himself free?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Yep and thats how they disappear too.

Whens the last time a slave voted himself free?
    I'm a slave only to my wife.
    If ALL gun owners would go out and vote, the results might be a wake up call to the White House and Congress.
    But too many expect someone else to carry the load.
    Assault Weapon (N) “Any firearm whose design disturbs the sleep of progressive politicians.”.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    I'm a slave only to my wife.
    If ALL gun owners would go out and vote, the results might be a wake up call to the White House and Congress.
    But too many expect someone else to carry the load.

Our open carry booth was in last years Oyster Run ( a biker run) I knew from the conversations with many other gun owners who vote our rights were up for erosion that year.

Gun owners are not necessarily a rights based persons friend.

Do you not pay taxes?
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Our open carry booth was in last years Oyster Run ( a biker run) I knew from the conversations with many other gun owners who vote our rights were up for erosion that year.

Gun owners are not necessarily a rights based persons friend.

Do you not pay taxes?
    So I'm guessing your approach is to not vote, and just let the "progressive's" agenda continue and grow?

So I'm guessing your approach is to not vote, and just let the "progressive's" agenda continue and grow?
    No, it just so happens that many guns owners are communist/statist/"progressive" and that is the problem.
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    No, it just so happens that many guns owners are communist/statist/"progressive" and that is the problem.
    i'm sorry...WHAT?

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Most are not. That's the solution.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.