• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Technology to the Rescue - fixing gun loss boating accidents

Thundar

For those other unfortunate souls out there who have lost entire gun collections in unfortunate boating accidents, help is on the way!

From TTAG:

When it comes to maritime activities, TTAG’s Armed Intelligentsia is unlucky. Again and again, we hear of boating accidents in which all manner of firearms are tragically lost. While there’s not much we can do to save the guns, Morgan Advanced Materials’ Composites and Defence Systems are doing their level best to keep gun owners afloat and bullet-resistant………One can only hope the system makes it to the civilian market – hope floats! – and that the new holsters prevent the kind of loss experienced by our unfortunate readers …..

Link: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/04/robert-farago/wheres-my-buoyant-ballistic-protection/

Shovelhead

Silly me........I always thought this was the way to prevent gun loss boating accidents.

Attachments

• voting-booth.jpg
    voting-booth.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 73

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Besides posibly keeping someone from being air conditioned, all that will do is keep them afloat. Does nothing to prevent the tragic sinkings.

stay safe.

Shovelhead

Yep and thats how they disappear too.

Whens the last time a slave voted himself free?

I'm a slave only to my wife.
If ALL gun owners would go out and vote, the results might be a wake up call to the White House and Congress.
But too many expect someone else to carry the load.

sudden valley gunner

I'm a slave only to my wife.
If ALL gun owners would go out and vote, the results might be a wake up call to the White House and Congress.
But too many expect someone else to carry the load.

Our open carry booth was in last years Oyster Run ( a biker run) I knew from the conversations with many other gun owners who vote our rights were up for erosion that year.

Gun owners are not necessarily a rights based persons friend.

Do you not pay taxes?

Shovelhead

Our open carry booth was in last years Oyster Run ( a biker run) I knew from the conversations with many other gun owners who vote our rights were up for erosion that year.

Gun owners are not necessarily a rights based persons friend.

Do you not pay taxes?

So I'm guessing your approach is to not vote, and just let the "progressive's" agenda continue and grow?