Thread: Open carry not allowed

Open carry not allowed

Went to Louisville Ky today. Stopped at Summit Plaza while there. I was informed by security that you cannot open carry there. You have to leave your weapon in the car or carry concealed. I don't always want to carry concealed. Wont be going back there. Also went to St. Andrews Mall. Sign on the door there said no weapons. Will not be back there either.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 04-16-2015 at 08:56 PM. Reason: fixed title

The drawback of allowing private citizens to have the power to regulate and discriminate on their private property against of for anything not a 'protected class'.

I always try to open carry quietly.

I think people would find it rather rude if I did it aloud.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlite27 View Post
    I always try to open carry quietly.

I think people would find it rather rude if I did it aloud.
    I use sign language when OCing aloud, when OCing where it is allowed, I converse normally.

All jesting aside - welcome to OCDO

:thumbsup: FreeInAZ
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner556 View Post
    Went to Louisville Ky today. Stopped at Summit Plaza while there. I was informed by security that you cannot open carry there. You have to leave your weapon in the car or carry concealed. I don't always want to carry concealed. Wont be going back there. Also went to St. Andrews Mall. Sign on the door there said no weapons. Will not be back there either.
    Most Malls have some type of no weapons policy

As we all know criminals, always obey signs & never carry weapons at the mall - so we're all safe, right?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Welcome to OCDO Gunner556 - moved your thread to the Kentucky sub-forum as your comments are state specific.

Made a minor fix to your title so hopefully the others will give you a hearty welcome w/o picking on you too much
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Welcome to OCDO Gunner556 - moved your thread to the Kentucky sub-forum as your comments are state specific. Made a minor fix to your title so hopefully the others will give you a hearty welcome w/o picking on you too much
    It was just reparteeing, not pickin' on no buddy.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner556 View Post

I find this surprising. I live about a mile from there(Summit/Paddock plaza), and have OC'ed from time to time. Never had an interaction with the plaza security, but none of the vendors had a problem with it.
    Last edited by Flounder; 04-16-2015 at 09:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    Sorry, but I don't know where St. Andrews Mall is. Do you mean "Mall St. Matthews"?
    Agreed. Do you mean Summit Mall area plaza also? I OC there all the time, and frequent the Barnes and Noble and Qdoba there. St. Matthews I conceal in just because I've heard folks being asked to leave when OCing.