• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry not allowed

Gunner556

Went to Louisville Ky today. Stopped at Summit Plaza while there. I was informed by security that you cannot open carry there. You have to leave your weapon in the car or carry concealed. I don't always want to carry concealed. Wont be going back there. Also went to St. Andrews Mall. Sign on the door there said no weapons. Will not be back there either.

Last edited by a moderator:

FreeInAZ

I always try to open carry quietly.

I think people would find it rather rude if I did it aloud.

I use sign language when OCing aloud, when OCing where it is allowed, I converse normally. ;)

All jesting aside - welcome to OCDO :cool:

:thumbsup: FreeInAZ

FreeInAZ

Went to Louisville Ky today. Stopped at Summit Plaza while there. I was informed by security that you cannot open carry there. You have to leave your weapon in the car or carry concealed. I don't always want to carry concealed. Wont be going back there. Also went to St. Andrews Mall. Sign on the door there said no weapons. Will not be back there either.

Most Malls have some type of no weapons policy :(

As we all know criminals, always obey signs & never carry weapons at the mall - so we're all safe, right?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Welcome to OCDO Gunner556 - moved your thread to the Kentucky sub-forum as your comments are state specific.

Made a minor fix to your title so hopefully the others will give you a hearty welcome w/o picking on you too much :)

Flounder

I find this surprising. I live about a mile from there(Summit/Paddock plaza), and have OC'ed from time to time. Never had an interaction with the plaza security, but none of the vendors had a problem with it.

Last edited:

poetdante

Sorry, but I don't know where St. Andrews Mall is. Do you mean "Mall St. Matthews"?

Agreed. Do you mean Summit Mall area plaza also? I OC there all the time, and frequent the Barnes and Noble and Qdoba there. St. Matthews I conceal in just because I've heard folks being asked to leave when OCing.