• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Congrats texas on your new Open Carry

nonameisgood

Don't get too excited. Seems that we need the House or the Senate to try again. If I am reading this correctly, by passing different bills, a conference committee can't truly resolve it. Thus, they pretend to support open carry without having to really support it. If they actually pass the same OC bill and it gets signed, I will now be somewhat surprised.

OC for ME

So true. He is a disgrace to public service everywhere. In a time when shrinking budgets are restricting departments resulting in fewer officers and non sense like the missouri governors lavk of action is getting more officers hurt, frustrated and causing mass resignations we have to increasingly take more charge of our own safety.

When we look at ferguson we see the police playing by the rules their idiotic leaders placed on them being attacked yet the few property owners who stood their ground armed were left virtually unscathed and their businsses survived the ordeal.
You really don't have any idea what happened in Ferguson do you.

The Dark Reaper

Now please excuse me for sounding like I do not know what I am talking about, cause i am new to the wold of politics.

now for my question: Now is the Out of Senate Committee the same as the Senate of the 84th Legislature

mustangkiller

Now please excuse me for sounding like I do not know what I am talking about, cause i am new to the wold of politics.

now for my question: Now is the Out of Senate Committee the same as the Senate of the 84th Legislature

If I understand your question correctly, yes. Where are you seeing its out of committee?

mustangkiller

Ok, that's what I thought you were looking at. Right now its in the senate and as far as I can tell they haven't acted on it yet. But that is the link that'll keep you updated

nonameisgood

HB 910 is on the floor. They will resume at 6 pm. 8 amendments proposed and either tabled by vote (20-11) or withdrawn. Amendment 9 is the house amendment by Dutton that was removed prior to going to the senate floor, re-proposed by Senator Huffines - it prohibits using wearing a gun as cause for stopping and asking if the wearer has a license. The amendment is a bit contentious, with a few senators opposed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nonameisgood

It passed with the same amendment as the house, except it seems that a one word discrepancy may send it to conference. That is the current rumor. There is a more active thread, if you haven't seen it.

77zach

The Texas legislative web site says the next step is to the Governor.

There might be some wrangling, but I think it will be corrected as a scrivener's error.

http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup/BillStages.aspx?LegSess=84R&Bill=HB910

TX carry said they spoke personally with several senators after the vote and it is a clerical error. We'll find out for sure soon. I want to believe it but won't until I see it. The legal gangbanger jackboots must be licked. As Texas native and conspiracy theorist Alex Jones would say, lickin boots is Amerikan as apple pie. Getting a permission slip is not enough for these people; they know most people don't have the knowledge or the means to go after them on 4th amendment case law.

Last edited:

stealthyeliminator

They are three or four; everybody, anybody, writing versus talking, and comma fault.

It's a real facepalmer. I mean, the Dutton amendment is a sentence. One sentence.

ETA: I've heard quite a bit of rumor about the different paths that could be taken or would need to be taken. One I heard was that even if the amendment was identical, it'd still have to go back to the house because it was technically a different amendment even if the wording was exact. IDK. Nor do I really care what the intricacies of the process are, they just need to get it done already!

Last edited:

nonameisgood

I do a bit I code development committee work. The problems usually arise when someone says "that should be 'or' not 'and'", and the edits begin. The meaning changes 180 degrees and what was intended becomes something unintended.
I'm guessing we will know early in the week. In any case, the effective date is Jan 1 2016, so we still have time to figure out which gun goes with which outfit.