Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Sig P250 SC vs Glock 17 - not so different

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Alpharetta, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    178

    Sig P250 SC vs Glock 17 - not so different

    I own both a P250 sub compact and a full size Glock 17 and 22.
    one thing I've not done is compared the two, not sure why, maybe because one is full size and the other a sub, so never figured it made any sense, until the other day when i compared IWB carry of both with various shirts.
    The Sig ended up only being barely better. Both worked very decent.
    The Glock printed only a smidge more and was only slightly more noticeable with a light shirt color.
    Yesterday went to the range with both guns and happened to physically compare the two as I'm shopping for another discrete CCW.
    I was surprised when the only major difference (other than length with doesn't matter for IWB) was the full size Glock was only about half inch higher ! What! My sub compact carry pistol only 1/2 inch shorter on the grip ?

    In any case, I've been thinking for a while about selling my P250 due to the weird handling characteristics, just doesn't fit my hands right. Thinking of a CPX-2 for half the price.

    any one else had a moment of disbelief about their full size Glock suddenly being a CCW option again /

  2. #2
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    Welcome back to Open Carry .org! My full size Glock 20 is no problem - because I open carry!

    Can't be spending time worrying about a concealed back up gun
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  3. #3
    Regular Member FreeInAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Secret Bunker
    Posts
    2,573

    Sig P250 SC vs Glock 17 - not so different

    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    Welcome back to Open Carry .org! My full size Glock 20 is no problem - because I open carry!

    Can't be spending time worrying about a concealed back up gun
    Well- even the most die hard Glock fans will tell you, you want a carry gun that functions 100% of the time....carry a back up! They fail from time to time with wear, just like any simple machine. This is why it's important to keep a round count on any gun you own. You wouldn't just drive a car until it's starts knocking & then change the oil, right?

    Here's a good write up on maintaining them and how to keep them running trouble free.
    http://www.activeresponsetraining.ne...uly-perfection
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 04-19-2015 at 06:57 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

    “Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

  4. #4
    Regular Member FreeInAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Secret Bunker
    Posts
    2,573

    Sig P250 SC vs Glock 17 - not so different

    @ The Truth- G20 is a excellent choice. I started carrying G21's a few years back because they can be easily converted to the venerable 10mm round.
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 04-19-2015 at 09:03 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

    “Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

  5. #5
    Regular Member The Truth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Henrico
    Posts
    2,139
    I usually carry about 46 rounds of 10mm at any given time

    Seriously though, I've put about 500 rounds through my G20. I'm not even a huge Glock fan, but there's nothing better on the market for 10mm and this pistol seems pretty much unbreakable. Sig Sauer is my pistol of choice but they don't make a double stack 10mm yet!
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

    μολὼν λαβέ

    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974
    I'm not a Glock fan, but my XD45 service compact is about the same size as a G19 with its short 10 Rd mag and the G17 with the 13rd standard mag. For some reason, lately I have been shooting my XD better than any of my other carry choices. Add that to its greater capacity compared to the others and numerous trips to the St. Louis area during the Ferguson stuff and I have pretty much been carrying the XD for the last 6 months.

    It was my first carry gun and I still find it CCs pretty easily and obviously it is great OC, usually with the standard mag. So yeah, I've gone full circle and the KelTec rarely leaves the safe.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Marion County, Tennessee
    Posts
    214
    Same gun, two frames, open or concealed. Heil Sig.

    I carry everywhere because crime doesn't make appointments.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Alpharetta, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    178
    Not saying the sig is more reliable or the glock, making the statement more about the physical size. it's odd that sig and maybe other manufactures call pistols "sub compact" and in reality are only barely smaller than pistols marked full-size.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    northern wis
    Posts
    3,201
    [QUOTE=deepdiver;2137817]I'm not a Glock fan, but my XD45 service compact is about the same size as a G19 with its short 10 Rd mag and the G17 with the 13rd standard mag. QUOTE]


    The standard mag. cap. for a G19 is 15, the 23 has a 13 round mag. cap the G17 mag cap. is 17. the G26 has a 10 round mag. cap.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

    Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    northern wis
    Posts
    3,201
    Quote Originally Posted by exgabrit View Post
    Not saying the sig is more reliable or the glock, making the statement more about the physical size. it's odd that sig and maybe other manufactures call pistols "sub compact" and in reality are only barely smaller than pistols marked full-size.

    Over the last 39 years Having carried every thing from small baby browning sizes autos and small mini revolvers, to large frame long barreled revolvers. What is concealable and what isn't is all a matter of what, when, and why.
    Last edited by Firearms Iinstuctor; 04-20-2015 at 08:31 AM.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

    Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Alpharetta, Georgia, USA
    Posts
    178
    Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    Over the last 39 years Having carried every thing from small baby browning sizes autos and small mini revolvers, to large frame long barreled revolvers. What is concealable and what isn't is all a matter of what, when, and why.
    funny you say that, was thinking the exact same thing in the car this morning. maybe the classification doesn't matter but how each pistol fits the situation and also by a person by person basis.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    northern wis
    Posts
    3,201
    Quote Originally Posted by exgabrit View Post
    funny you say that, was thinking the exact same thing in the car this morning. maybe the classification doesn't matter but how each pistol fits the situation and also by a person by person basis.

    +1

    My EDC most of the time is a gen 2 Glock 23 why it its well used works well and the price was right. I have a couple dozen to chose from.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

    Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

  13. #13
    Regular Member Kopis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    727
    OP, i conceal or OC a g17 and g19 most days depending on the situation. I'm not sure i buy into the same argument about tracking round counts as one guy mentioned. It's not comparable to a mechanical car IMO.

    Glocks have polygonal rifled barrels which last an astounding number of rounds and very few moving parts to break. Unless you're shooting competitions, you would be hard pressed to wear one out in your lifetime. Ive got a 1st gen G17 that still runs like a champ and is about 30 years old. Anyway, with the right holster, you can easily conceal the g17 and have plenty of rounds. Throw some Hornady critical defense 147gr p+ rounds in there and it's not your daddy's 9mm anymore.

    Glocks are ugly but reliable and i like the barrels. Another thing that really keeps me from jumping ship is that my g17, g19 and g34 all interchange mags and holsters plus i can throw a few 33 round party sticks in the car for long trips and know i have a lot of rounds with me. I really am considering a lone wolf 9mm dedicated AR pistol (runs on glock mags) for interchangeability. the keltec sub2000 has my eye too but you cant find one anywhere.

  14. #14
    Regular Member FreeInAZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Secret Bunker
    Posts
    2,573

    Sig P250 SC vs Glock 17 - not so different

    ^^^ if you carry a gun to protect your life - no matter what make or model - regular maintenance is recommended. YMMV, but nothing worse than a broken gun in a gunfight. Do as you will, it's your life after all ???

    Don't take mine or the trainer & armorers word from the link above, look at the manual from Glock. If you carry a Glock daily you are considered a heavy user and a yearly inspection by a gunsmith is recommended. I replace my recoil springs every 3,000 rounds as suggested by many considered to be experts. That is the weakest point in the Glock platform.

    http://us.glock.com/documents/gun_maintenance.pdf
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 04-20-2015 at 03:06 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

    “Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

  15. #15
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post

    The standard mag. cap. for a G19 is 15, the 23 has a 13 round mag. cap the G17 mag cap. is 17. the G26 has a 10 round mag. cap.
    Ok... you listed mag standard mag capacity for 3 Glock 9mm pistols. I think you missed the XD45 portion. Responding to the OP, the comparison is about pistol size, not capacity. Although I will note that the XD45 compact in one pistol has about the same size as the G21/G30 depending on the mag used and the same capacity for each, respectively. My standard mags for it all have the mag ring extension which effectively extends the grip flush to the bottom of the mag.

    But the stainless XD(M) 9mm, if you want to compare calibers directly, is about the same size as a G17 and has a 19 rd mag.
    Last edited by deepdiver; 04-20-2015 at 08:02 PM.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    northern wis
    Posts
    3,201
    Quote Originally Posted by deepdiver View Post
    Ok... you listed mag standard mag capacity for 3 Glock 9mm pistols. I think you missed the XD45 portion. Responding to the OP, the comparison is about pistol size, not capacity. Although I will note that the XD45 compact in one pistol has about the same size as the G21/G30 depending on the mag used and the same capacity for each, respectively. My standard mags for it all have the mag ring extension which effectively extends the grip flush to the bottom of the mag.

    But the stainless XD(M) 9mm, if you want to compare calibers directly, is about the same size as a G17 and has a 19 rd mag.
    Quote Originally Posted by deepdiver View Post
    I'm not a Glock fan, but my XD45 service compact is about the same size as a G19 with its short 10 Rd mag and the G17 with the 13rd standard mag. For some reason, lately I have been shooting my XD better than any of my other carry choices. Add that to its greater capacity compared to the others and numerous trips to the St. Louis area during the Ferguson stuff and I have pretty much been carrying the XD for the last 6 months.

    It was my first carry gun and I still find it CCs pretty easily and obviously it is great OC, usually with the standard mag. So yeah, I've gone full circle and the KelTec rarely leaves the safe.
    Your the one that made the mistake in with the mag capacities the G19 doesn't use a 10 round mag and the 17 doesn't use a 13 round mag I was just stating facts unless your talking post ban 10 round mags.
    Last edited by Firearms Iinstuctor; 04-20-2015 at 08:45 PM.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

    Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

  17. #17
    Campaign Veteran deepdiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    5,974
    Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    Your the one that made the mistake in with the mag capacities the G19 doesn't use a 10 round mag and the 17 doesn't use a 13 round mag I was just stating facts unless your talking post ban 10 round mags.
    AHA! I now understand the confusion - we were talking past each other because of my sentence structure earlier. I need to clarify...

    I was saying that the XD45 service compact using a 10 Rd short mag is roughly the same size as a G19 and the XD45 compact using the standard 13 Rd mag is roughly the same size as the G17, my intent to give a size reference for those not familiar with the XD45 compact to draw back to the size question in the OP. Clear as mud now?

    Sorry for the confusion. I should have known you weren't going Glock fan-boi on me.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    northern wis
    Posts
    3,201
    Understand
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

    Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •