Thread: Upcoming Stafford County Weapons Ordinances Revisited

Upcoming Stafford County Weapons Ordinances Revisited

3 Draft Weapons Ord..pdf
    Anyone interested, Stafford County's about to revisit archery, pneumatics, and firearms' discharging

Never done so before, but you might be able to collaborate here:
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...nt=file%2cdocx

And I've started up a Stafford facebook page to further such changes here:
    Natural Rights, Stafford County, VA

In addition to any insights/suggestions proffered and appreciated here at oc.org

Current Stafford County ordinances are here:
    https://www.municode.com/library/va/...Id=COCO_CH26WE
    Last edited by ChristCrusader; 04-20-2015 at 04:54 PM.
    *I am not a lawyer. Nothing from me shall be construed as a magic cloak of legal advice. It's ultimately your tucas that's on the line. Keep examining the law anyway. The gov't, made up of people like us, is supposed to work for us, not against us. Let's find, correct, and avoid the wrongs before they're actively used against us, or we become innocently trapped by them. We're to be the masters. Let's vigilantly keep tabs on our servants who seek to rule us.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Just sent a join request.

I just scanned it but don't see how they expect to get the pneumatic parts past legal review. Maybe Philip can exempt children of CHP holders.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    I just scanned it but don't see how they expect to get the pneumatic parts past legal review. Maybe Philip can exempt children of CHP holders.
    What do see amiss, Mr. nap?
    *I am not a lawyer. Nothing from me shall be construed as a magic cloak of legal advice. It's ultimately your tucas that's on the line. Keep examining the law anyway. The gov't, made up of people like us, is supposed to work for us, not against us. Let's find, correct, and avoid the wrongs before they're actively used against us, or we become innocently trapped by them. We're to be the masters. Let's vigilantly keep tabs on our servants who seek to rule us.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristCrusader View Post
    What do see amiss, Mr. nap?
    Nothing now that I've taken the time to read it. I missed this the first time around:

(3) on private property with permission of the owner or legal possessor thereof when conducted with reasonable care to prevent a projectile from crossing the bounds of the property.

Nothing now that I've taken the time to read it. I missed this the first time around:

(3) on private property with permission of the owner or legal possessor thereof when conducted with reasonable care to prevent a projectile from crossing the bounds of the property.
    This is what gun-hating jurisdictions do. They put all the restrictions up front where everyone can see them, then bury the required exception further down in the code, hoping people don't read the fine print.

TFred

Stafford County Passed some improvements today

Stafford County passed some improvements to its weapons ordinances today, ptL
    In summary, abridged and altered for tense:
    "In 2011, Virginia Code § 15.2-915.4 was amended to specifically provide for how localities may regulate pneumatic guns. The adopted amendments bring the Stafford County Code into compliance with the Virginia Code. Prior regulations prohibited the use of pneumatic guns within the shooting prohibited areas.

Previously, arrows were only allowed to be discharged at an established archery range and by licensed hunters. It didn't allow property owners the option of conducting target practice on their own properties. The adopted amendments removed this limitation, while prohibiting bows from being discharged in a manner that can impact property other than the shooter’s property without permission.

Additionally, the restrictions for discharging firearms within 100 yards of an occupied residence are clarified to not apply to the property owner’s residence, or where permission was granted to discharge firearms on the property.

The 100-yard shooting restriction is also amended to prohibit shooting or hunting within 100 yards of a private road in a subdivision with lots 10 acres or less in size, rather than lots greater than 10 acres."
    6-2-15 proposal 002.pdf
    Last edited by ChristCrusader; 06-02-2015 at 04:47 PM.

Damn it Peter! You really need to provide a spew warning before you deliver those zingers. Now I have to clean my keyboard.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776