• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Upcoming Stafford County Weapons Ordinances Revisited

ChristCrusader

View attachment 3 Draft Weapons Ord..pdf
Anyone interested, Stafford County's about to revisit archery, pneumatics, and firearms' discharging :banana:

Never done so before, but you might be able to collaborate here:
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=1AB0D9AFFAC8CD93!19640&authkey=!ALlV7brnWNxqFmc&ithint=file%2cdocx

And I've started up a Stafford facebook page to further such changes here:
Natural Rights, Stafford County, VA

In addition to any insights/suggestions proffered and appreciated here at oc.org

Current Stafford County ordinances are here:
https://www.municode.com/library/va/stafford_county/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=COCO_CH26WE

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I just scanned it but don't see how they expect to get the pneumatic parts past legal review. Maybe Philip can exempt children of CHP holders.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
What do see amiss, Mr. nap?

Nothing now that I've taken the time to read it. I missed this the first time around:

(3) on private property with permission of the owner or legal possessor thereof when conducted with reasonable care to prevent a projectile from crossing the bounds of the property.

TFred

Nothing now that I've taken the time to read it. I missed this the first time around:

(3) on private property with permission of the owner or legal possessor thereof when conducted with reasonable care to prevent a projectile from crossing the bounds of the property.
This is what gun-hating jurisdictions do. They put all the restrictions up front where everyone can see them, then bury the required exception further down in the code, hoping people don't read the fine print.

TFred

ChristCrusader

Stafford County Passed some improvements today

:banana:
Stafford County passed some improvements to its weapons ordinances today, ptL
In summary, abridged and altered for tense:
"In 2011, Virginia Code § 15.2-915.4 was amended to specifically provide for how localities may regulate pneumatic guns. The adopted amendments bring the Stafford County Code into compliance with the Virginia Code. Prior regulations prohibited the use of pneumatic guns within the shooting prohibited areas.

Previously, arrows were only allowed to be discharged at an established archery range and by licensed hunters. It didn't allow property owners the option of conducting target practice on their own properties. The adopted amendments removed this limitation, while prohibiting bows from being discharged in a manner that can impact property other than the shooter’s property without permission.

Additionally, the restrictions for discharging firearms within 100 yards of an occupied residence are clarified to not apply to the property owner’s residence, or where permission was granted to discharge firearms on the property.

The 100-yard shooting restriction is also amended to prohibit shooting or hunting within 100 yards of a private road in a subdivision with lots 10 acres or less in size, rather than lots greater than 10 acres."
View attachment 6-2-15 proposal 002.pdf

Last edited: