Thread: Sound off Vermonters!

Sound off Vermonters!

Hey, I am new to the forum, but have been lurking for a while. I have been a CHL holder for over a decade and until now, have not realized or come to grips with some of the advantages to OC. After spending some time digging around this forum, I have noted very few Vermonters here. So, if there any lurking in the shadows, please sound off!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Welcome to OCDO, Sleepnheat.

Moved your post to the Vermont sub-forum because it is state specific.

Check out what others are saying and doing there:
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/fo...hp?129-Vermont
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Thanks for moving my post grapeshot, I thought I was posting in the VT forum, but apparently not....

Well,,,

Ive used Vermont as a good example of the stupidity of the
    need for a permit for exemption to the Fed. GFSZA!!

In fact for the need of Any permit Ever, to carry either Open or Concealed!

Sooo,, I ask;; Do you live in Vermont?
    . What state permit have you had for decades?
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

I just moved to Vermont 8 months ago. Held permits in RI, WA, and CA (not a CCW, was only able to carry while working) . I love it up here. Live in a town if less than 800, simply lifestyle, and kind folks

OC'd for the first time in Vermont today. Went to a small general store, gas station, and hardware store. All was as it should be. My wife tells me to keep it concealed when going into her work, Tractor Supply, because she said that her assistant store manager told her that guns are not allowed on the property. Find it hard to believe and they are not posted. I CC in there daily. Funny thing is that the ass. mnger is a gun guy.....will have to see in the future if I want to test the waters 😉

Have you inquired as to what is Tractor Supply's corporate policy is or is it just that manager who is setting "policy" ? As with Walmart, many a manager has been corrected as to what corporate policy REALLY is. Investigate first then if there is no corp. wide ban then maybe it would be fun to challenge him. Be prepared and carry on!

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepnheat View Post
    OC'd for the first time in Vermont today. Went to a small general store, gas station, and hardware store. All was as it should be. My wife tells me to keep it concealed when going into her work, Tractor Supply, because she said that her assistant store manager told her that guns are not allowed on the property. Find it hard to believe and they are not posted. I CC in there daily. Funny thing is that the ass. mnger is a gun guy.....will have to see in the future if I want to test the waters 😉
    Policy for employees isn't the same as policy for customers.

I OC regularly in Tractor Supply in NH; no one blinks.

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    Policy for employees isn't the same as policy for customers.

I OC regularly in Tractor Supply in NH; no one blinks.
    That is what I figured. The guys talk about all the deer they see while driving in to work and how they wish they could bring a rifle in with them. From what my wife tells me, everybody who works there a gun people. I'm really not too concerned about it.

An a side note, had another day of OC, all went well. But what do you expect, I am in rural VT [emoji4]

www.studentofthegun.com

That's pretty common all through the country: retail employees are told, "You can't have any guns here!", and mistakenly believe that applies to customers.

I've never seen a Tractor Supply that is truly freestanding; most are in small strip malls, or adjoin other businesses that share parking.

In that case, the TS employees don't have to worry about policy, since they're parking in the back of beyond with the employees of all the other adjoining businesses.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    That's pretty common all through the country: retail employees are told, "You can't have any guns here!", and mistakenly believe that applies to customers.

I've never seen a Tractor Supply that is truly freestanding; most are in small strip malls, or adjoin other businesses that share parking.

In that case, the TS employees don't have to worry about policy, since they're parking in the back of beyond with the employees of all the other adjoining businesses.
    Have visited a large stand alone location in Virginia - unfortunately I do not recall where as they are not part of my regular travels.

Do remember though that they had no problem with my OCing.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.