Thread: Safeway/Albertsons No Carry?

Safeway/Albertsons No Carry?

I have always thought Safeway and Albertsons were members of the "Follow State Law" business. A "Moms" group in Grand Junction Colorado is gloating about victory stating Safeway/Albertsons policy of no firearms. Anyone else have any insight on this?

http://everytown.org/documents/2015/...eway-email.pdf
    Chuck Norris/Ted Nugent That's the ticket for 2016!

I've OC'ed at my local Safeway many times. No one has ever said anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by carracer View Post
    I have always thought Safeway and Albertsons were members of the "Follow State Law" business. A "Moms" group in Grand Junction Colorado is gloating about victory stating Safeway/Albertsons policy of no firearms. Anyone else have any insight on this?

http://everytown.org/documents/2015/...eway-email.pdf
    Everytown lies about everything else why would you believe this. I will continue to carry in Albertsons and Safeway just like I have for the last 8 years
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Safeway stores seem to apply their rules inconsistantly.

Back in 2009, they said "No Guns"
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...l-from-Safeway

In 2012, they said they follow state law - see post #22
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...rry-at-safeway

And now this comes up again.

Other companies with better quality and prices have all but pushed Safeway out of the Richmond market - IMO they are not missed.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Wegman's and Harris Teeter are around here instead. They seem to have a less wishy-washy stand on their policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hayes View Post
    Everytown lies about everything else why would you believe this. I will continue to carry in Albertsons and Safeway just like I have for the last 8 years
    +1.

I take it your local Safeway and/or Albertsons isn't posted?
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Safeway/Albertsons No Carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Safeway stores seem to apply their rules inconsistantly.

Back in 2009, they said "No Guns"
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...l-from-Safeway

In 2012, they said they follow state law - see post #22
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...rry-at-safeway

And now this comes up again.

Other companies with better quality and prices have all but pushed Safeway out of the Richmond market - IMO they are not missed.
    :thumbsup: +1
    I never go to my local "unsafe-way" they are WAY overpriced & to add insult to injury they have sponsored gun buy backs here in AZ over the past couple of years -,that I know of, donating gift cards for their stores to the saps desperate enough to trade guns for food...
    Last edited by FreeInAZ; 04-20-2015 at 10:05 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

This may again be a case of a specific store going against corporate policy. We've seen it many times before, and I'm sure we'll see it thousands of times in the future. I don't carry at Safeway, mostly because the closest one is impractically far, especially when King Soopers (Kroger) is just a few blocks from my house. I've even had my hand shaken for open carrying there.

could be related to the sale of Albertson and safeway selling off 168 properties to multiple buyers who might not change the name but perhaps internal policies?

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

After reading this, my Sweet Baboo and I went down to check the store out. Upon entry, no anti gun sign. Inside, no one noticed or cared that I was armed. Just another day in the beautiful Northwest.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    donating gift cards for their stores to the saps desperate enough to trade guns for food.
    LOL Those who would trade their gun for a bit of food will soon have neither.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by deepdiver View Post
    +1.

I take it your local Safeway and/or Albertsons isn't posted?
    no they are not, but even if it was posted signs carry no weight of law in Washington.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hayes View Post
    no they are not, but even if it was posted signs carry no weight of law in Washington.
    I asked not due to legality but out of curiosity as to whether the store has a commitment to no firearms reflected by posting the stores, which would lend a lot of credence to the OP, or if not, the response may reflect a public position to get the anti nags off their back with no intention to enforce it or even a rogue employee response.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

All clear in Fallon, Nevada. I OC there regularly with no issues.
    Hoka hey

I OC at Safeway at least once a month. No issues.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Out on the eastern plains no issues carrying anywhere incl Safeway. I do get a few questions like do you need a permit to carry like that. I just smile and state only if you want to hide it, otherwise if your legal to own it your legal to open carry it.