• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB 910 - Licensed Open Carry - Officially Passed Out of Texas House of Representative

Ian

Lone Star Veteran
I'm sorry I missed it, had a meeting at work. Woohoo everyone! I can't believe this.

Last edited:

mustangkiller

Lets take a pause here fellas. According to my convo on FB with "Mr. Dan Patrick" A9 wasn't word for word what the house sent over. It needs to go back just to be sure they concur. Start praying time doesn't run out.

Last edited:

77zach

Lets take a pause here fellas. According to my convo on FB with "Mr. Dan Patrick" A9 wasn't word for word what the house sent over. It needs to go back just to be sure they concur. Start praying time doesn't run out.
That's what Texas Carry said as well. Could be intentional as that's pretty incompetent.

buchschacher

I watched the whole thing. I do not believe that is correct. It passed. The author of the amendment said it was word for word.

mustangkiller

I could have sworn he said that too. But whoever controls Dan Patricks FB account says otherwise. Go look at it. Its public.

nonameisgood

Well, if amendments are like the bills, "same wording" isn't the same as "same amendment." This does not surprise me in the least, except that it makes someone a liar* when he said "it will go straight to the governor without conference if the amendment is adopted and the bill passes." Estes official opposed amendment 9, and said that was because he felt it would jeopardize passage.
*i use the word "liar" because I presume our esteemed senators know the rules and would not make a simple, obvious mistake. (Realizing that they obviously play games and pretend to make mistakes when doing so benefits them.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWPA1

If its a one word discrepency id like to argue the germaness of holding it back from gov abbot any longer. one word is a ludicrous reason to keep it from being sent to his desk!