Thread: Traveling from Ohio

Traveling from Ohio

I'm going to be traveling from Ohio in late May for some camping and hiking. I plan on bringing my gun and was wanting to open carry during the camping and hiking. I was just wondering if there are any laws I need to know about. I saw I could carry it legally in my vehicle without any permits or anything but had trouble finding other information about open carrying and not being from Missouri. Thanks

Do you have a CCW permit?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I do not. I'm taking my class this weekend but don't think I'll have the permit before the trip. If I do get it in time I'm just going to conceal carry but I'm not planning on having it before then.

Without the CCW, your OC depends on the patchwork of local law per city and county. State and national parks also. So you have to read up on it.

But car carry is okay! Just make sure it's a handgun, and be sure of the various laws in other states on your trip.

Patchwork OC without CCW, statewide OC via CCW, and there is also a new Amendment 5 that probably will change things but I am not sure what all legal precedents have and will be set. I would think that's still in progress.

If you want a simpler situation you could try Kansas - they have statewide OC without a permit.

Be sure to read up, wherever you go!