Thread: Marathon public hearing on SB 941 TODAY (April 22)

Marathon public hearing on SB 941 TODAY (April 22)

If anybody attends this session, share your observations here.
    REMEMBER WASHINGTON ("the Alamo")

Marathon hearing today on Oregon gun control measure

A marathon public hearing will kick off this afternoon in Salem as legions of gun owners are expected to descend on the Oregon state capitol to oppose a controversial gun control measure, disguised as a “universal background check” bill that one Republican state senator has said flatly will not accomplish a thing.

http://www.examiner.com/article/mara...ontrol-measure

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Workman View Post
    If anybody attends this session, share your observations here.
    REMEMBER WASHINGTON ("the Alamo")

Marathon hearing today on Oregon gun control measure

A marathon public hearing will kick off this afternoon in Salem as legions of gun owners are expected to descend on the Oregon state capitol to oppose a controversial gun control measure, disguised as a “universal background check” bill that one Republican state senator has said flatly will not accomplish a thing.

http://www.examiner.com/article/mara...ontrol-measure
    Did anyone here attend? If so, how did the hearing go?

Final push to stop Oregon clone of Washington gun initiative

Second Amendment activists in Oregon are pulling out all the stops this weekend as a final vote on Senate Bill 941, the so-called “universal background check” measure that many consider a clone of neighboring Washington’s Initiative 594, is due for a final vote on the House floor, according to a story from the National Rifle Association.

http://www.examiner.com/article/fina...gun-initiative

You've been Californicated! Next up, bans on "assault weapons"! Boobus can NOT resist the idea of "background checks".
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Princess Katy will sign it

Should I start calling Oregon, Kaliforegon? Between the gun restrictions for non-permit holders and the crappy 65mph speed limit it sure makes it hard to visit Oregon anymore. I'm sorry to see the state becoming more restrictive, another victory for the left.

http://www.oregonlive.com/mapes/inde...bill_expa.html

Quote Originally Posted by OC Freedom View Post
    Should I start calling Oregon, Kaliforegon? Between the gun restrictions for non-permit holders and the crappy 65mph speed limit it sure makes it hard to visit Oregon anymore. I'm sorry to see the state becoming more restrictive, another victory for the left.

http://www.oregonlive.com/mapes/inde...bill_expa.html
    Can't pump your own gas either right?

However, does this bill register serial numbers? If not it is completely unenforceable.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    Can't pump your own gas either right?

However, does this bill register serial numbers? If not it is completely unenforceable.
    Good question on registering serial numbers.

Back in the early 90's, when I lived in Vancouver, Washington I stopped for gas at a station in Portland and not thinking anything about being in Oregon (which is easy to do when living in the Portland/Vancouver area) I pulled up to the pump and started pumping my own gas. The attendant runs over after noticing what I'm doing and goes Ape sh t, but just as he arrives I had finished filling up and so I put the dispensary nozzle back into the pump cradle. My response to his freak out was "I just forgot that I was in Oregon", then I went in and paid for my gasoline. Nothing happened, no fines, not even a letter from some alphabet dept. from Oregon telling me how wrong it was to pump my own gasoline.