• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Marathon public hearing on SB 941 TODAY (April 22)

Dave Workman

If anybody attends this session, share your observations here.
REMEMBER WASHINGTON ("the Alamo")

Marathon hearing today on Oregon gun control measure
:cuss:

A marathon public hearing will kick off this afternoon in Salem as legions of gun owners are expected to descend on the Oregon state capitol to oppose a controversial gun control measure, disguised as a “universal background check” bill that one Republican state senator has said flatly will not accomplish a thing.

http://www.examiner.com/article/marathon-hearing-today-on-oregon-gun-control-measure

OC Freedom

If anybody attends this session, share your observations here.
REMEMBER WASHINGTON ("the Alamo")

Marathon hearing today on Oregon gun control measure
:cuss:

A marathon public hearing will kick off this afternoon in Salem as legions of gun owners are expected to descend on the Oregon state capitol to oppose a controversial gun control measure, disguised as a “universal background check” bill that one Republican state senator has said flatly will not accomplish a thing.

http://www.examiner.com/article/marathon-hearing-today-on-oregon-gun-control-measure

Did anyone here attend? If so, how did the hearing go?

Dave Workman

Final push to stop Oregon clone of Washington gun initiative

Second Amendment activists in Oregon are pulling out all the stops this weekend as a final vote on Senate Bill 941, the so-called “universal background check” measure that many consider a clone of neighboring Washington’s Initiative 594, is due for a final vote on the House floor, according to a story from the National Rifle Association.

http://www.examiner.com/article/final-push-to-stop-oregon-clone-of-washington-gun-initiative

77zach

You've been Californicated! Next up, bans on "assault weapons"! Boobus can NOT resist the idea of "background checks".

77zach

Should I start calling Oregon, Kaliforegon? Between the gun restrictions for non-permit holders and the crappy 65mph speed limit it sure makes it hard to visit Oregon anymore. I'm sorry to see the state becoming more restrictive, another victory for the left.:(

http://www.oregonlive.com/mapes/index.ssf/2015/05/kate_brown_will_sign_bill_expa.html
Can't pump your own gas either right?

However, does this bill register serial numbers? If not it is completely unenforceable.

OC Freedom

Can't pump your own gas either right?

However, does this bill register serial numbers? If not it is completely unenforceable.

Good question on registering serial numbers.

Back in the early 90's, when I lived in Vancouver, Washington I stopped for gas at a station in Portland and not thinking anything about being in Oregon (which is easy to do when living in the Portland/Vancouver area) I pulled up to the pump and started pumping my own gas. The attendant runs over after noticing what I'm doing and goes Ape sh t, but just as he arrives I had finished filling up and so I put the dispensary nozzle back into the pump cradle. My response to his freak out was "I just forgot that I was in Oregon", then I went in and paid for my gasoline. Nothing happened, no fines, not even a letter from some alphabet dept. from Oregon telling me how wrong it was to pump my own gasoline. :D