Thread: Ready for open carry?

Ready for open carry?

So now that it appears Open Carry will at last come to Texas who all is getting an Open Carry holster? Whos getting a new handgun for open carry and what kind and brands?
    Full Supporter of the second Amendment!

Be careful seeking advice on Forums pertaining to law. Bad advice is often given from people who do not know or understand the law. Always read the law yourself and if you do not understand seek legal advice from a qualified legal expert. Following online advice can land you in legal trouble.

Hell, I'm already getting some practice in while I'm working out of state in Louisiana for the next few months.

Last edited by Ian; 04-23-2015 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock 1st fan View Post
    So now that it appears Open Carry will at last come to Texas who all is getting an Open Carry holster? Whos getting a new handgun for open carry and what kind and brands?
    I had gotten a Sig P250 about 3 years ago but sold it in disgust when OC didn't pass back then. I still have my Sig P220 for carry but I might look at getting something a tad lighter when we're finally able to OC here.

I have a nicely tooled pancake holster and a 1930's vintage Colt revolver that I carry hunting, when a .22 semi-auto sidearm for rabbit/squirrel camp meat is not on the menu. A long-time comfortable friend.
    What I need is the license. I refused to get one to CC, IMO CC is nekulturny- Uncultured- and only suitable for criminals and deceitful persons. I would prefer no license but will get one and work on my state unrepresentatives again in 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by hovercat View Post
    I refused to get one to CC, IMO CC is nekulturny- Uncultured-
    +1 for the Русский язык reference.

I don't need to buy anything new but I don't think that there's anything sexy about my CC handguns. G19, Kahr P9, Ruger LC9, LCP. But with the prospect of OC finally coming to TX, I'm fondling my Ed Brown 1911s, my 686P, even my Vaquero. Perfectly viable defensive arms and they just seem more like OC firearms to me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ed Browns.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	12487  
    Last edited by Come and Take Them; 04-23-2015 at 11:37 AM.

I like the thought of it being identified as 'a black gun' - as opposed to anything distinctive and memorable to those not knowing. Those that know it would be a Walther PPQ w plain custom black leather belt holster, or Beretta Px4 Storm in black leather belt holster - current CC guns and holsters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Quote Originally Posted by HPmatt View Post
    I like the thought of it being identified as 'a black gun' - as opposed to anything distinctive and memorable to those not knowing. Those that know it would be a Walther PPQ w plain custom black leather belt holster, or Beretta Px4 Storm in black leather belt holster - current CC guns and holsters.
    LOL - the very two same carry guns that my wife and I have (my PPQ and her Beretta).

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    I'm ready. Custom, hand-made matching set consisting of belt, holster, and mag pouch.
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by Come and Take Them View Post
    But with the prospect of OC finally coming to TX, I'm fondling my Ed Brown 1911s, my 686P, even my Vaquero. Perfectly viable defensive arms and they just seem more like OC firearms to me.
    This is great seeing the People of Texas doing this.
    We, here in Washington State have been doing it for a while and you nailed it. You just want to carry a pretty firearm,eh? There is a young man, here in Washington, who does carry a Vaquero. He carries it all the time and gets photographed often, so be careful what you wish for.

Hey Gentlemen, don't forget a nice stiff belt to hang that holster from. Everybody seems to forget the belt.

Good luck to all of you in your newly found Freedom.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    This is great seeing the People of Texas doing this.
    We, here in Washington State have been doing it for a while and you nailed it. You just want to carry a pretty firearm,eh? There is a young man, here in Washington, who does carry a Vaquero. He carries it all the time and gets photographed often, so be careful what you wish for.

Hey Gentlemen, don't forget a nice stiff belt to hang that holster from. Everybody seems to forget the belt.

Good luck to all of you in your newly found Freedom.
    That's it exactly! Just seems like if you're going to sport openly, it ought to be a nice one!

Thanks for your service, BTW. I retired in 2011. This was my other weapon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Balad 2010.JPG 
Views:	128 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	12490