• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any thoughts about ccws living in a fantasy?

wisardd1

I wear Kevlar gloves in the winter to keep my hands from freezing sticking on metal surfaces like my SA1911A1 OCW.

That makes sense! But, I wonder if the producers made them wear gloves to sabotage the results?

Last edited:

wisardd1

I think the video does have some useful information, just not the intended information. Adrenalin pumped into the blood causes reaction mishaps. It should be reinterpreted to show people how IMPORTANT it is to train train train! Just my thoughts.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
Link takes me to a generic choose a video page.

Edit: Found video in Sinc9's link. Rest of comment deleted as OT now that I saw what OP was referencing.

Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

Use of gloves, LOOOOONG shirts with equally LOOOONG sleeves, and an unfamiliar holster; nope, not biased at all.:rolleyes:

[video=youtube;8QjZY3WiO9s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QjZY3WiO9s[/video]

1) If the Arizona Board of Tyrants, er, Regents would allow CC at the three in-state universities, I would CC (only on campus, since I do not CC unless I do not have the option to OC). As it is, no lawful carry exists, and I am not a criminal.

2) If I were to CC, I would choose clothing and a holster I am familiar with, not what the news crew or the Opinion Enforcement Officers told me to use.

3) I would train with the clothing I usually wear, as I do now with my OC setup.

since9

Campaign Veteran
That makes sense! But, I wonder if the producers made them wear gloves to sabotage the results?

That and the ultra-long shirts. And they fact they chose imbeciles (except for one guy). And pit them against what may have been S.W.A.T. officers, but were at least trained police officers.

Then they have the audacity to intimate, "leave the crime-fighting to us," after clearly demonstrating a complete LACK of integrity by rigging the game?

Reminds me of my turn at the shooting simulator when I went through the Citizens Academy with the local police force. Yes, I'd let on that I was very pro-2A and that I usually carried, often open carry. Ok, I bragged.

They wanted to "put me in my place," so they brought up what I later found out from a neighbor on the force was their hardest scenario. I said, "[deleted]..." and put two through the perps heart and one through his head, just like I'd been taught in the military for more than two decades. The room went silent.

Well, gee! What did they expect? We're not wannabees. I was nowhere near the ability of anyone in Special Forces, but I was certainly better qualified than my peers, scoring expert on three weapons, and conducting additional training, often tutored by two friends of mine who were in law enforcement themselves, one of who was a former military MP.

People perform the way they're trained. The liberal anti-gun ABC news, Chris Benton, and Glen Dougherty all crafted a farcical situation. It wasn't designed to see what average people would do. It was designed to advance their agenda, which is, "No guns in the hands of citizens because they're incompetent, and oh, yeah, we'll protect you."

At least they stated they were testing "average people without crisis training." The thing of it is, most of our 20+ million veterans in America have had crisis training. Many of those who aren't veterans have had crisis training, as well.

So, what? 50 million gun carriers in America would do significantly better than the folks in this video.

So, yes. ABC and the two officers rigged the game to advance their anti-2A agenda.

Last edited:

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
I've seen that video before. Looks like, from what I could find, that it is from 5 years ago. I don't recall if it was discussed on OCDO back then, but I know I have been involved in discussions about it.

I agree with others that yes, it is obviously rigged. The gear (a high ride thumb break holster under a hanging cover garment? I only wear open top holsters with grip at belt line with that type of cover otherwise you have to raise the garment too high to get to the sidearm slowing draw massively; gloves that did not appear to be tight fitting. I wears Mechanix gloves to shoot when it is cold but they well, fit me like a glove); the scenario - shoot the instructor and then assassinate the CC student. Yes, if you are the specific target of a surprise active shooter you are going to probably have a bad day. Comparing accuracy with an airsoft as some sort of metric for a guy who never cleared leather is bogus and irrelevant. Since he never cleared the holster accuracy was a non-player for him.

One thing that stood out to me was the girl who shot the guy in the pelvic girdle. They acted like that was no big deal. Well, let's see, the order of targeting a threat - center of mass, pelvic girdle, head. Oh, well she did pretty well then. She got popped but that groin wound may have saved numerous other people by either giving time to escape or causing BG to bleed out.

Nobody has ever said that getting a CC license/permit or strapping on a gun OC suddenly turns someone into some super hero shootist (except antis building a straw man). But then all of us who do carry daily knew that already....

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
I wear Mechanic or my Underarmour gloves. Both pretty thin.
But wouldn't you only be wearing those outside in public where you would typically be at a higher alert level than sitting in a classroom during a presentation?

Perhaps it is but a minor point, still it goes to the bias of maximizing the impairment of the CC student.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Mechanix gloves. Who wears those when carrying?

I do. I ride a motorcycle almost every day here in the Great Northwest. I wear a pair of deerskin gloves to protect my hands and, because I also OC at ALL times, I train with them at the range. Do not think you can add something to the mix, like a pair of gloves, and expect the same service.
Do your fingers fit when wearing gloves? Do you wear the same gloves all the time? Have you ever fired YOUR EDC with gloves?

You fight the way you train is not just a cute adage.

Firearms Iinstuctor

Typical main stream media set up to fail we want a certain results so we arrange things to happen that way.

The gloves are worn for protection against hits by the sims rounds.

I have set up dozens of training scenarios it is easily to arrange for the results to happen how you want it to, or how you think it should.

Also control and safety is a huge concern when you set one of these up if one isn't careful it can easily get out of hand resulting in unnecessary injury.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
I wear Mechanic or my Underarmour gloves. Both pretty thin.

During winter, I wear wind/waterproof gloves by Seirus. One pair is fairly thin, and perfect for cycling, or as a liner for other gloves. My second pair is fairly thick, but I can still handle my 9mm without any problem. When the weather gets below 0 deg F, I'll wear my thin Seirus gloves beneath a much thicker skiing glove. I can't handle my firearm with the skiing gloves, but those gloves are loose enough that I can remove it less than a second.

So, even with OC, we find some CC-like issues, at least in colder parts of the country.

Lol, I just looked them up, and their website says the thin gloves I use as glove liners are... glove liners.

Here's the other pair I wear on top of them when it's really cold outside.

Last edited: