Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: anti-gun rights screechers are science deniers

anti-gun rights screechers are science deniers

Those anti-gun rights screechers are science deniers.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-styl...icle-1.2135364

The numbers should help "reassure the large majority of men that the size of their penis is in the normal range," said British researchers who had assembled data from studies where participants had their member measured by a professional.
    In reality, only 2.28% of the male population have an abnormally small penis, said the study — and the same percentage an unusually large one.
    According to science barely 2.28% of gun owners have anything to be compensating for.

Wonder what other claims about gun owners they make are flat out wrong. (Don't answer that - it's rhetorical.)

Just remember to get measured by a professional.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Not to sound snarkish but exactly what kind of professional are you referring to here?

Founder's Club Member

According to science barely 2.28% of gun owners have anything to be compensating for.

Wonder what other claims about gun owners they make are flat out wrong. (Don't answer that - it's rhetorical.)

stay safe.
    Don't need a professional. Got a ruler. Mine is only 2 1/4" long.

Uh...the gun barrel, I mean. Yeah! The gun barrel; that's what I meant!! Its a snubbie! Shut up!! The gun is a snubbie. Nooo! Not that gun! The revolver! I'm talking about a revolver!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

stay safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Don't need a professional. Got a ruler. Mine is only 2 1/4" long.

Uh...the gun barrel, I mean. Yeah! The gun barrel; that's what I meant!! Its a snubbie! Shut up!! The gun is a snubbie. Nooo! Not that gun! The revolver! I'm talking about a revolver!
    I grabbed a ruler, and boy was I disappointed. After YEARS of hearing "five inches long", I come to find out it is really only 3-3/4" long... my full-size 1911 barrel, I mean.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by grimtas View Post
    Not to sound snarkish but exactly what kind of professional are you referring to here?
    I don't consider it snarkish at all. It would be awful to have your measurement questioned because some untrained interloper botched the job.

One that has education and/or training in the subject as well as a level of experience above that of the average person. Most likely one that is paid to do so, as opposed to a volunteer.

Personally I also hope they do not wear blue gloves. Or if they do that they did not bring the gloves from their other job.

I suppose.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    I grabbed a ruler, and boy was I disappointed. After YEARS of hearing "five inches long", I come to find out it is really only 3-3/4" long... my full-size 1911 barrel, I mean.

I like how you sneaked in that term "full-size", you braggart. What are you trying to imply?

Is there anything wrong with having...um, err, uhhh...a shrouded barrel?

Last edited by Citizen; 04-23-2015 at 05:57 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

What Is all of this about women wanting little pocket....pistols?

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by J_dazzle23 View Post
    What Is all of this about women wanting little pocket....pistols?

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    My barrel is compatible with Magnums.

Take that to mean what you will.
    Advocate freedom please

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post

Don't mean nuthin'; my two-and-a-quarter incher is a magnum.

So... are you saying it isn't the size of your gun but the size of your compensator?
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deepdiver View Post
    so... Are you saying it isn't the size of your gun but the size of your compensator?
    roflmao!!!

Oh, man. Grapeshot is so gonna delete this thread when he finds it.
    Last edited by Citizen; 04-23-2015 at 07:43 PM.

In b4 the ban! Hahaha

In b4 the ban! Hahaha
    Me too!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" by Mahatma Gandhi

“Your beliefs become your thoughts. Your thoughts become your words. Your words become your actions. Your actions become your habits. Your habits become your values. Your values become your destiny.” by Mahatma Gandhi

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post

Where you using the centimeter side of that ruler? LOL
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

next we will digress into how many bangs your barrel is good for before you have to reload.......and which is more effective a 5 shot or an 8 shot ( or gives more pleasure in the firing of....)

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    roflmao!!!

Oh, man. Grapeshot is so gonna delete this thread when he finds it.
    In b4 the ban! Hahaha
    Quote Originally Posted by FreeInAZ View Post
    Me too!
    Actually been following this since shortly after it was posted and mulling how I would respond. Gave it some room and you all have demonstrated your ability to color between the lines when you must. Antis do make the compensation comparison in less than generic terms - having refuted that, we will not dwell on real life specifics.

So far no one has stepped on their equipment or pointed it an undesireable or unwanted direction.

Recommend taking care of business as it comes up and not advertising any off target shots.

Anticipating pictures or didn't happen - only provide them if you are willing to have yours on the post office wall.

Bottom line - stay within the lines and score. Go out of bounds, get flagged and tagged. Have fun, but be careful - it could still be locked or deleted.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 04-24-2015 at 09:11 PM. Reason: fixed & added
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

So are you suggesting anti-gunners shoot blanks? Or their barrels have been fused?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

No serious lead or copper fouling issues, I trust...
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

I like how you sneaked in that term "full-size", you braggart. What are you trying to imply?

Is there anything wrong with having...um, err, uhhh...a shrouded barrel?

Nope, nothing wrong at all. As long as it works and as wrearick mentioned, that it is pleasurable to fire.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    No serious lead or copper fouling issues, I trust...
    Not so long as proper cleaning methods are employed. Any and all carriers should make cleanliness a habit. Regular use will also help to promptly identify any new issues that could lead to more painful and expensive problems later on.

Quote Originally Posted by wrearick View Post
    next we will digress into how many bangs your barrel is good for before you have to reload.......and which is more effective a 5 shot or an 8 shot ( or gives more pleasure in the firing of....)
    Or the caliber and projectile debates...
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 04-25-2015 at 04:36 AM.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

I waited to see where this discussion would go because I didn't want to be premature with my reply. And, judging from the postings so far, I predict this discussion will have a happy ending.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

Begs the questions is it better to have deep penetration of a hard solid or the quick action and fast expansion of a modern JHP.

I have found the bigger and heavier the target the deeper the penetration has to be compared to a smaller lighter constructed target.
    Last edited by Firearms Iinstuctor; 04-25-2015 at 07:46 AM.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Hahaha you folks crack me up!

I am punless on this one!
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

polygonal rifling. --edited by moderator--.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 04-25-2015 at 03:22 PM. Reason: no personal pronouns, please

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    SNIP I waited to see where this discussion would go because I didn't want to be premature with my reply.
    That's understandable. Trigger control is definitely important.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast