• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

California and many states continue to infringing on our Right to Keep and Bear Arms

since9

Campaign Veteran
Article Link.

The term "arms," as in our Second Amendment's "the right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED," includes, according to Merriam-Webster, "a means (as a weapon) of offense or defense; especially : firearm."

By "especially," the dictionary is specifically stating "not limited to." therefore, the Second Amendment's use of the term "arms" includes ANY means (as a weapon) of offense or defense. So thought our Founding Fathers who crafted it, as indisputably evidenced by their many comments surrounding the Amendment as well as the term "arms."

Swiss Army Knives are ARMS, as are all other weapons, and are therefore protected against ANY infringement, So says our Constitution.

For that matter, so are locking and fixed blades of ANY length, including swords. They are ARMS, protected against ANY infringement by our Second Amendment.

Oh, are arms banned where you live? If so, they are un-Constitutionally banned. Regardless of whatever slippery arguments they've shoved down the We the People's throats, the legislators and the courts have FAILED to abide by our Constitution.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
Good points, since9.n The edged weapons/tools argument has been quietly going on parallel to the firearm right restoration movement for years. Edged weapons/tools are the next logical 2A issue to un-infringe. In MO we have a CCW - concealed carry weapons - and despite a few voiced opinions in our AG office to the contrary, the statutes are pretty darn clear that a knife is covered by CCW. But I don't know if knives are covered in the revised OC w/CCW statute that passed. I'll have to do some reading this weekend.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Thanks for the info, Deepdiver. Here's what I dug up on knives here in Colorado:

In Colorado you can own almost any knife as long as it is not a gravity knife, switchblade, or ballistic knife. All legal knives can be carried in the open. It is illegal to carry concealed a knife that is larger than 3.5 inches unless it is a fishing or hunting knife.[/quote - Source

Naturally, if I ever get caught with a large knife that I'm not openly carrying, the answer is simple: It's a "hunting knife."

You'll find Missouri's knife laws here. Let us know what you find. :)