• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

attacked because of OC

Fallschirjmäger

So, are you saying that if Walker had instead looked like a harmless, unarmed, and unable to protect himself sheep, he would never have to worry about being attacked?

What Are you saying?

countryclubjoe

The mentally ill person had the good sense not to attack a LEO, the LEO would have killed him on the spot..

The open carry law abiding citizen showed great restrain and discipline while protecting himself and his child.

My .02

CCJ

g21sfpistol

Banned
So, are you saying that if Walker had instead looked like a harmless, unarmed, and unable to protect himself sheep, he would never have to worry about being attacked?

What Are you saying?

then explain why i haven't been attacked when i CC and look like a sheep.

g21sfpistol

Banned
The mentally ill person had the good sense not to attack a LEO, the LEO would have killed him on the spot..

The open carry law abiding citizen showed great restrain and discipline while protecting himself and his child.

My .02

CCJ

actually he was lucky. so good thing it ended the way it did, otherwise you would be here trying to make excuses as to why a OCer got knocked out and his gun stolen and was used to commit murder in a walmart

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Thinking and reality are quite separate.

TRUTH!

CCJ

This may have been his intent. Suicide by cop. Crazy people do crazy things. The assaulter has not yet commented on his motivation. Anyone else commenting on it must rely on conjecture, not fact.

Fallschirjmäger

Because 99% of us can go through life without being attacked?

Correlation is does not imply causation, you should know that since you can draw from concealment as fast or faster than someone can draw from an open carried holster.

By the bye... I think we all noticed that although you provided an answer, you were unable or unwilling to answer the question.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

Some CConly folks have this fantasy that they will save the day. Hence all the "tactical" talk. Odds of getting attacked are slim, CC is for IF getting attacked, OC is for avoiding getting attacked. As in life there is no guarantee to either method that a person will not get attacked. There are just a hell of a lot less instances of them being attacked as people who look to be unarmed.

A victim is still a victim if they survive, there are hundreds of incidents of CC surviving attacks. A couple of OC even being attacked, go figure the odds.

OC Freedom

Some CConly folks have this fantasy that they will save the day. Hence all the "tactical" talk. Odds of getting attacked are slim, CC is for IF getting attacked, OC is for avoiding getting attacked. As in life there is no guarantee to either method that a person will not get attacked. There are just a hell of a lot less instances of them being attacked as people who look to be unarmed.

A victim is still a victim if they survive, there are hundreds of incidents of CC surviving attacks. A couple of OC even being attacked, go figure the odds.

100% correct ^^^^

WalkingWolf

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2013/11/21/teen-playing-knockout-game-gets-shot-twice/

Here is a conceal carrier becoming a victim of the knockout game, and surviving. Good thing he survived, but I have heard of no instances of knockout game OC victims. None, Nada, Zip!

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...e-clerk-shoots-at-man-to-foil-robbery/2226148

Tampa store clerk shoots at man to foil robbery

Sunday, April 19, 2015 4:36pm

TAMPA — The robber entered the ABC Liquor store Sunday, pulled a gun and ordered the two clerks to the ground. One of them ignored the command and pulled his own gun.

Chicago Records First Legal Defense by CCW Holder

Two Chicago thugs learned the hard way that some victims are armed and were central in a demonstration of the value of concealed carry by the law-abiding. The thugs accosted a homeowner leaving his garage about 2 a.m. one morning, pointing guns at him in a robbery attempt. The homeowner drew his legally-carried handgun and fired on the two men, putting them to flight. Responding police conducted a thorough investigation to make sure the homeowner had a proper concealed carry permit, a valid firearm owner ID card, and had taken the required concealed carry handgun training class. Police are still seeking the two male suspects in the incident.

The Chicago Tribune

Concealed Pistol Stops Shotgun-Wielding Robber

A Lynn man and his friend had guns put to their heads during an armed robbery by two teenage robbers. One of the victims was armed, and when his robber took his attention from the shotgun he held to the face of his victim, that victim drew his legally-carried .357 Magnum revolver and shot his assailant, killing him and stopping the robbery. The other robber fled the scene, and was later arrested by police.

The Associated Press

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/ohio-chl-holders-acting-self-defense

Ohio CHL-holders acting in self-defense.

You post ONE story of a survivor of an attack with a openly carried gun, and I can post dozens of stories of concealed carry also surviving attacks while carrying a gun. The fact is, wayyyy more concealed carry, and unarmed victims, than open carry victims.

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Here is a conceal carrier becoming a victim of the knockout game, and surviving. Good thing he survived, but I have heard of no instances of knockout game OC victims. None, Nada, Zip!

You post ONE story of a survivor of an attack with a openly carried gun,
and I can post dozens of stories of concealed carry also surviving attacks while carrying a gun. The fact is, wayyyy more concealed carry, and unarmed victims, than open carry victims.

It is possible that I am mistaken, but the fact that I have a BAG (Big A$$ Gun) on my hip may deter them from approaching me with criminal intent? I want them to know that I do not play fair. I carry a gun.

G21 is the CC guru and none of us will change his locked mind. sad

Fallschirjmäger

Having a nice house can make you the target of burglars
Wearing some nice kicks can make you the target of thugs
Flashing money can make you a target of a hoodlum
Wearing nice clothes can make you the target of a mugger
Wearing a firearm openly can make you the target of a criminal
BUT,
Of all the above, only one also has a deterrence value.

twoskinsonemanns

I can't deny that OCing could have attracted this mentally disturbed individual to attack him. So what.
He may have attacked someone wearing a sponge bob shirt. He's mental. Anything could set him off. It certainly is no cause to stop OCing.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
So let's assume that OC finally drew a crazy perp, the kind that was crazy and incompetent enough to fail. I'll still put that track record up against CCW's statistics anytime.

I'd rather be left alone than have the element of surprise when not left alone.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
Because you don't hang out in the batting cage section of WalMart with psychos? :question:

I carry both OC and CC depending on mostly my personal convenience. I also have never been attacked by a psycho in WalMart.

I remain convinced that:
1) OC can be a deterrent of bad guys
2) CC could offer a tactical advantage
3) OC could offer a speed advantage
4) OC/CC however the citizen sees fit could be the obvious solution
5) Buying baseball bats around psychos may lead to a bad day.

Aknazer

Nothing is accomplished by disputing with a troll except him gettin' his jollies off. SHUN ICKY Ignore him.

Useful more to reveal him for what he is so that others who are ignorant on the subject can see the truth and learn, as opposed to the troll getting to say what they want unopposed.

So let's assume that OC finally drew a crazy perp, the kind that was crazy and incompetent enough to fail. I'll still put that track record up against CCW's statistics anytime.

I'd rather be left alone than have the element of surprise when not left alone.

Not the first time. I remember a couple years back an OCer drew the attention of a crazy person in either New Mexico or Arizona. Guy was OCing, crazy person saw the gun and tried to demand the gun by claiming he was DEA. There's a struggle, one of the other patrons of the restaurant secures the gun when it comes loose, and crazy person is arrested. OCer gets in trouble because apparently you can't have a gun in a restaurant that serves ANY alcohol, crazy person gets put in jail (to then get released due to a relative having political connections, and then commit suicide by cop ~2-3 months later).

And I expect such things to happen again in the future. People (not saying you) have to remember that you can never remove all risk, only work to mitigate it.

countryclubjoe

Yes there is suicide by cop and yes I could see suicide by open carrier... Or some hop head thinking that person with the big gun doesn't have the balls to use it... Hence dead hop head by open carrier.

My .02