Thread: Anybody know the gun policy for Taco Bell / KFC?

Anybody know the gun policy for Taco Bell / KFC?

A local Taco Bell/KFC (2in1) recently put up a sign stating "Guns not allowed except for law enforcement". I have OC'd in there many times before and nobody said a word, then one day, that sign is there. I am planning on talking to the manager, but should I also email either taco bell, kfc, or both, asking about their gun policy?
    Last edited by dustin88; 04-25-2015 at 06:28 PM.

Those are mostly franchise, so it would be the policy of the franchise owner, unless S/he is mandated by company policy. I have OC'd in both those businesses without any problems.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

FWIW: The local KFCs aren't posted that I've noticed. I've been to a lot of different Taco Bells and can't recall ever noticing one posted.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

No issues with our local Kentucky Fried Taco Bell.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Those are mostly franchise, so it would be the policy of the franchise owner, unless S/he is mandated by company policy. I have OC'd in both those businesses without any problems.
    I guess the place to start would be to find out whether the franchise agreement between the head corporation and the franchise holder forbids firearms.

If not, then the next step would be to find out whether the franchise holder has a policy forbidding firearms at all their local restaurants. This to isolate whether its just the store manager inventing policy.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

I haven't been to a Taco Bell for years, but I use to OC there with no problems. A previous answer is probably correct, it is an issue with the local franchise.

There used to be an on-line list of business's that are not gun friendly. Does anyone know if it still exists and where?

As with my local doctor story, if it is a place that I continue to go, then I discuss it with the top person. My neurologist is as pro-gun as I. I can OC there, if I wish, with no problem. He always wants to see my new gun and/or ammo! A dream come true!

Alan

No worries in either one in Washington State. I have been in both OC and not a word. Sounds like just one shop in one location.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by open4years View Post
    I haven't been to a Taco Bell for years, but I use to OC there with no problems. A previous answer is probably correct, it is an issue with the local franchise.

There used to be an on-line list of business's that are not gun friendly. Does anyone know if it still exists and where?

As with my local doctor story, if it is a place that I continue to go, then I discuss it with the top person. My neurologist is as pro-gun as I. I can OC there, if I wish, with no problem. He always wants to see my new gun and/or ammo! A dream come true!

Alan
    Try Friend or Foe. You can post your own experiences.

KFC, TB, Pizza Hut are all part of the Pepsico family, but PH are the only ones I have seen posted.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Regular Member Liberty-or-Death's Avatar
    I believe they are actually owned by Yum! Brands, which IIRC have no stated firearm policy.
    Be active.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty-or-Death View Post
    I believe they are actually owned by Yum! Brands, which IIRC have no stated firearm policy.
    You are right, Pepsico sold off holdings around 1997 for those brands, and also spun off Yum. Pizza Hut is the only one I have seen gun buster signs.
    Robert E. Lee
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    That sounds right. Never seen a Taco Bell around here with anti-gun signage. An individual franchise owner can put these limitations and you'll have to direct your complaints to him directly.

Former home of Frito Bandido - would not expect to need a steekin' badge to carry there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

no issues at the KFC in Williamsburg. OC all the time.