Thread: MP Dragway Saturday May 2nd

MP Dragway Saturday May 2nd

We plan on racing at MP Dragway in Clay City KY this coming Saturday May 2nd. If an of you guys are in the area, come on by and enjoy some racing. Stop by and say HI

I'll most likely be pitted on the tower side (Left side as you come in) around the spectator bleachers.

Red F350 Super Crew Dually and 28' White enclosed trailer. Red 83 Mustang with "Performance Crankshaft Inc." on the doors.

I won't be open or concealed carrying while racing, a bit uncomfortable in all the safety gear etc....
    Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

I kinda wanna go, I've only ever been to one drag-race, and that was when I was a kid, at that very place. I've kinda always wanted to see how my jeep fairs on the track, just for sh*ts and giggles, but I can't find any tracks that have an 'open' day/night for street vehicles. But, I'll let you know sooner if I will go or not, will always OC though; Does the track have a policy against firearms? I'm assuming it's privately owned.
    I'm a proud openly gay open carrier~
    Trained SKYWARN spotter, and veteran Storm Chaser.
    =^.^= ~<3~ =^.^=
    Beware the Pink Camo clad gay redneck.

Drake,

Correct, it's a privately owned track but don't know of any firearms policy. They are very laid back and have never said anything about mine however I don't OC much because I'm in my racing gear and in the race car most of the time.

MP has a test and tune on Fridays (Today/tonight). One of my friends will be there in his IHRA Stock class record holding thunderbird. I'm meeting him there tomorrow, he's staying over night.

If you do go, look us up.
    Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine