• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Form changes over the years?

ErickSaint

First post, can't believe I wasn't registered here years ago.

Yesterday I went to pick up a new gun, now I'm pretty sure I read and answered everything correctly, and I wasn't told differently at the shop. But when I got home and dug up some old paperwork the DJ-LE-FH2 that I filled out way back in 99 had me answering yes to mostly every question, the one I filled out yesterday had me answering no. It was almost exactly the same as the 4473, back then I remember them being opposite. I tried looking for the form online to compare, but have no idea the new form number.

Did they change this to get rid of the tricky wording that was on the old one I filled out? It's been, obviously, a long time since I bought from a shop.

I haven't heard anything either way, so guessing no news is good news. I have no reason to think otherwise, I was issued my CCW last July. Unless for some reason I answered a question wrong, but again the shop reviewed my forms before I left, hoped they would inform me if I missed something glaringly obvious as a denial. The guy behind the counter is an acquaintance.

Does anybody have the form number from the state DOJ, I'm curious now the differences.

ErickSaint

I couldn't find anything there. I had looked already. The FH4 wasn't the same.

I should have looked at the number when I filled out the form, but I wasn't even thinking about it then.

The one I was referring to was the one that looks like this. Click on the link, for a full size pic of my old form. I didn't see anything like it on the CIB page, or even the forms listed at the end of the JUS S. 10.07 PDF I went through. Guess it doesn't really matter, just a curiosity at this point.

http://www.ericksaint.com/images/shooting/form.jpg

ErickSaint

I had responded to this last night with a link to a picture of the old form I have. It said something about moderator approval when I clicked to post.

None of the ones on the CIB site look like the form I filled out. Maybe the post with the link will show up, I won't bother reposting, in case it's the link that's sending it to moderation.

ErickSaint

Well they didn't give me any copies of the forms. But I looked at it at the shop and it was definitely the FH2, weird that I couldn't find any copy of that particular form online.