Thread: Constitutional carry passes legislature, veto expected from Demonrat

Constitutional carry passes legislature, veto expected from Demonrat

https://www.nraila.org/articles/2015...ues-to-advance

I vote for few enough Republicans. What species of ignoramus would ever vote for a Demonrat?
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

NH has 362 state legislators?

I think I see the problem. Or, one of them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Wstar425 View Post
    NH has 362 state legislators?

I think I see the problem. Or, one of them anyway.
    NH has 400 state representatives, and 24 state senators.

That's not a bug, it's a feature. We have the most representative legislature in the world, with one rep for roughly every 3,300 residents. They make $100 per year to serve.

I have my state rep among my Facebook friends, on my phone contacts list, and bumped into him at the local convenience store yesterday. That's how it should be, not like the professional politicians in most state houses.

Quote Originally Posted by KBCraig View Post
    NH has 400 state representatives, and 24 state senators.

That's not a bug, it's a feature. We have the most representative legislature in the world, with one rep for roughly every 3,300 residents. They make $100 per year to serve.

I have my state rep among my Facebook friends, on my phone contacts list, and bumped into him at the local convenience store yesterday. That's how it should be, not like the professional politicians in most state houses.
    +1

Absolutely. I think the size of the US House of Representatives should be much larger (coupled with a large cut in pay and term limits as well).

77Zach,

Your avatar is hilarious! Thanks for the laugh.

Suggestion

I just sent an email to the Governor of NH asking her to reconsider her position on "constitutional carry." If any of you also do that, please remind her that Vermont (next door) has had CC for decades, and nothing negative has happened there.

The demonrat Vetoed as promised.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Vetoed by the governor? Recall her for violating her oath of office. In the meantime you can't veto a right a person already has
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

I hear a veto override vote may be coming up on the 16th?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    I hear a veto override vote may be coming up on the 16th?
    From first posted link: New Hampshire House of Representatives passed NRA-backed Right-to-Carry reform legislation by a 212-150 vote. [original bill passage vote]

That would be slightly short of the need to over-ride the veto, yes? Catch any switchers to get over the hump?
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 09-09-2015 at 01:57 AM.

Need to get 52 or more critters to switch their vote to override the veto.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

So threaten them with recall votes. Worked in CO.
    Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.
    Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.
    Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force.
    Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.
    -Patrick Henry, Virginia Ratification Convention, June 5, 1788

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DeSchaine View Post
    So threaten them with recall votes. Worked in CO.
    Do they have a recall option in that state? All state specific ... mine, none.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Do they have a recall option in that state? All state specific ... mine, none.
    Not sure but probably not feasible. There's an election next year, get a Governor in who'll sign this and keep enough legislators who voted for this. Done deal.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    From first posted link: New Hampshire House of Representatives passed NRA-backed Right-to-Carry reform legislation by a 212-150 vote. [original bill passage vote]

That would be slightly short of the need to over-ride the veto, yes? Catch any switchers to get over the hump?
    The House voted to override. The Senate did not, voting 14-10 along party lines in favor of overturning.