Thread: Open carry for 18 year olds?

Grants Pass

Open carry for 18 year olds?

First off, Im new around here, so hi every one.. Im 18 And I was wondering if I can legally open carry in Oregon? I've had quite a few people say that I cant. But in all the research that Ive done, I havent found anything saying that I cant. The closest thing to it that Ive seen is about purchasing a handgun.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    N. Chesterfield, Va.
    Welcome to OCDO Furr308.

Moving this to the Oregon sub-forum as your question(s) are state specific.

Locals should chime in after the sun comes up.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Shreveport, LA

I can't speak to the laws in your state but I will offer this advice; If it is legal, before you do it, PLEASE closely check all the laws that will affect you! Here in Louisiana it is legal for 18 year olds to Openly Carry but anyone who carries needs to all the places where carry is prohibited and how to act when approached by the police. I also highly recommend getting some training on gun retention and that you buy a good level 2 or higher retention holster. Those cheap nylon Wal-Mart holsters just won't cut it.

Best of luck!
    Speedy: LOCAL League Sec/Treasurer, Information Officer
    AKA: Hero Hog, Dr. Speed, "The Brass Mangler" and "That fat, old, balding, Grey-bearded gimpy guy"

I don't have NEAR enough ammo on hand. `nuff said.

NRA Life Member, LSA, USN-DAV

"Stay safe..." - Paul "Skidmark" Henick, RIP

The Oregon experts will help you with the details, but it is legal, generally, in Oregon.

The prohibition on young adults buying handguns is on the federally-licensed dealers, not on the buyers. It is legal to acquire handguns through other legal means, including private party sales.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip