Thread: Illinois resident rights

Illinois resident rights

Hello all going to Missouri soon and have Illinois FOID card and just wondering what my rights are in MO as far as open carry and vehicle. Also now that Illinois has CC does MO recognize our permit?<br/>

If you are 19 or over, and have a handgun, you may carry however you wish in your car. Missouri honors all other states CCW permits, but since the FOID card is not a CCW, I suspect it's as useful as a library card. Missouri allows local control of open carry without a CCW permit, so you need to check local laws.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kcgunfan View Post
    but since the FOID card is not a CCW, I suspect it's as useful as a library card.
    Laff - Nice. MO doesn't have anything like a FOID card. The closest you will come is that some box stores selling ammo near the IL border may ask if you are an IL resident and if so ask to see a driver's license to buy ammo. I still haven't figured out that one or on what authority that happens.

If the OP can offer some idea of an itinerary I'm sure MO folks will help with local ordinances banning OC. Although, if you have an IL CC you can OC or CC.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Thanks going to lake Ozarks for a week and was just curious plus plan on doing some state park camping this summer

Quote Originally Posted by joerolando2701 View Post
    Hello all going to Missouri soon and have Illinois FOID card and just wondering what my rights are in MO as far as open carry and vehicle. Also now that Illinois has CC does MO recognize our permit?<br/>
    under SB 656, so long as you are in your vehicle and travelling "peaceably" you may open carry your firearm on your hip. otherwise it is to be stored with ammo separate from gun I believe. unless you have a CCW, in which case you'll probably have it concealed upon your person.
    Last edited by Ezek; 05-08-2015 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    under SB 656, so long as you are in your vehicle and travelling "peaceably" you may open carry your firearm on your hip. otherwise it is to be stored with ammo separate from gun I believe. unless you have a CCW, in which case you'll probably have it concealed upon your person.
    No. From the MOSHP carry brochure:
    In addition to the concealed carry permit discussed above, Missouri now permits any person who is at least 19 years old to transport a concealable firearm in the passenger compartment of a motor vehicle. No concealed carry permit is required. The peaceable journey exception is still in the law, and may apply in circumstances where the new law does not (i.e. if the person is less than 19 years old).
    Note: This law does not affect the statute prohibiting possession of a concealable firearm by a dangerous felon.
    http://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/MSH...ts/SHP-863.pdf
    (this was faster for me at the moment that pulling up and citing statute)
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Quote Originally Posted by deepdiver View Post
    No. From the MOSHP carry brochure:

http://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/MSH...ts/SHP-863.pdf
    (this was faster for me at the moment that pulling up and citing statute)

Hence why I said "I believe", thank you for the correct information.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    Hence why I said "I believe", thank you for the correct information.
    NP Didn't intend to sound rude. Was traveling and mobile and trying to make it short and sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by deepdiver View Post
    NP Didn't intend to sound rude. Was traveling and mobile and trying to make it short and sweet.
    No Worries man, didn't sound rude at all. Sorry if I came off as offended, or rude, wasn't trying to. Thanks for pointing the guy in the right direction again,.