Thread: Capitol Police Left Guns in Bathrooms (Video) RollCall.com

Capitol Police Left Guns in Bathrooms (Video) RollCall.com

When a member of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s security detail left his Glock and magazine stuffed in the toilet seat cover holder of a Capitol Visitor Center bathroom stall, a CVC worker found the gun, according to a source familiar with the Jan. 29 incident and two other disturbing instances when Capitol Police left loaded firearms in problematic places.

http://blogs.rollcall.com/hill-blott...c-places/?dcz=

“Each disciplinary matter is thoroughly investigated and reviewed, employees are held accountable for their conduct, and they are provided due process in adjudicating these matters,” she said. “Depending on the nature and seriousness of the violation, an employee’s record, and other required considerations, an appropriate penalty is applied, up to and including termination of employment. As a matter of policy, the Department does not routinely discuss internal personnel matters, in order to maintain the integrity of the Department.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...un-in-john-bo/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Founder's Club Member
    Kinda fun when government and anti-gunners reap the rewards of their own arguments. Guns are so evil, if somebody accidentally leaves one laying around, there is reason to apply disciplinary penalties.

What ever happened to, "Hey, Joe. Somebody left this gun in the bathroom. If he comes back to get it, tell him he owes me a malted."

What's next? Hanging people who leave their phone behind because it can be used to take pictures or record people in all-party consent states?
    Last edited by Citizen; 05-01-2015 at 06:19 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Woman who left gun in [Wisconsin] church [bathroom] beats charge for second time

For the second time, an Oconomowoc woman has beaten criminal charges filed after she left her loaded handgun in a Brookfield church last year. Susan Hitchler, 67, had been attending an adult Bible study group at Elmbrook Church in March when she forgot the weapon in the women's restroom. No one else saw the gun until a janitor discovered it and turned it over to security at Elmbrook Church.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/w...298559741.html

Elmbrook is a non-denominational mega-"church" (yep, them's scare-quotes). Don't miss the comments.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/crime/w...41.html?page=1

I've carried pretty much daily for about 8 years. Never forgot my sidearm somewhere such as a bathroom. I just don't understand how someone does that...

This is probably one of the few things about guns someone who doesn't carry finds easier to understand than someone who does.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

standard tactic to stick it in the holder when you carry and have to poop and don't want your firearm laying on the ground, where it could be snatchable by someone in the next stall or causing an AD when your service firearm slips off with your pants.

forgetting you put it in the seat cover holder is a completely different perspective of inattentiveness, one I have never heard about.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

LOL I never forgot it dropped into the crotch of my skivvies and trousers.

Sternly worded Post-it note, nothing more.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

yeah, ive carried for years and never left but gun in a restroom and Im not even a "professional". I can understand the predicament of not having anywhere to set it but in high LEO use areas why dont they just add a gun shelf or belt rack to the stalls?

Better question. Why are they so concerned with messing up the finish of a government gun? It's not like they own it, or paid for it out of their own pocket.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

If I found that service pistol in the bathroom, well lets just say it would never be seen again. <--This comment is completely hypothetical and in no way represents my past, present, or future actions in this or similar situations that may or may not occur during my lifetime.
    Last edited by OC Freedom; 05-04-2015 at 11:42 AM.

Ms Hitchler could consider a surplus military or police firearm with a lanyard ring. She could tie it to her pretty little self and it would go with her no matter what.

TRUE WAR STORY
    There I was, surrounded, knee deep in grenade pins.
    No, it was more like a training mission in the backwoods of Fort Polk, many years ago. I was the Battalion Training NCO and my lodgings (one each, residence, temporary, cotton canvas, OD in color) were co-located with the headquarters tent. I would meet a young LT each morning at 0430 to get a run in before work. One morning we walked up to the HQ tent and found both security guards, Aye-sleep w/M16A1s in their hands. We stopped, we laughed, we stole their weapons. Hid them in the bushes and picked them up on the way back. The young men were still discussing what to do when we came up armed with their guns. We gave them back and made no mention of it. Strangely tho, the First Sergeant issued an immediate order to tie weapons to belts.

I still like lanyard rings.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington