Thread: Congressman Lieu "Follow the Damn Constitution"!

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Congressman Lieu "Follow the Damn Constitution"!

I know nothing about Mr Lieu other than he got this one right. Destroying the policing agencies arguments for private market encryption.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCQBQNzGLWI

FUQ-"That's offensive its a fundamental misunderstanding of the problem"
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Haha and this gem "We don't say companies that make paper shredders are helping terrorist?"

"Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    Haha and this gem "We don't say companies that make paper shredders are helping terrorist?"
    Oh, he nails that guy!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    Oh, he nails that guy!
    I like how he sort of lead the guy to responding...

" I am sure paper and pencil technology are with in their capabilities" (or something to that effect)

That had me laughing...

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    that was great. Thanks for posting it.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Whatever happened to led, the simple past tense and past participle of lead?
    Last edited by Nightmare; 05-03-2015 at 09:48 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    The EPA outlawed it.....

LEs public arguments against private encryption is nothing but a smokescreen. LE will "spy" on all of us at will, without permission, as is defined in the constitution. Really, how many folks encrypt their data. LE counts on our laziness and LE will certainly not advocate that we protect our privacy better.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    The EPA outlawed it.....
    I know the EPA has a lot of reach, but, getting into the predictive speller in your cell-phone is just too much! This simply must be reversed!

Lemme guess. Starting next year, if we want to call or text, and know we want to use the word lead, we will have to send out a notice in advance, including a lead booklet by pdf to whoever we plan to call or text. Or, have a lab test and certify the word lead as intended in the call or text refers to leadership rather than the metal.
    Last edited by Citizen; 05-04-2015 at 02:39 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Journalism majors choked on the conflation with "pled", the lazy conjugation of "pleaded".