• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

On-the-street officer education - "stop, prove your innocence" incident

HPmatt

Well it looked to me like the Pearland cop was firmly stating it was illegal to have a round in the chamber, which infers he knew that as a fact. So when it got down to grading his homework, turns out he just made it up to justify un-lawfully detaining the OCer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stealthyeliminator

Even if it was illegal to have a round chambered, he didn't have RAS, much less PC, to believe there was a round in the chamber.

rushcreek2

Rushcreek what happened to your post?

Sorry. I guess you were working up a reply to my rant.

I just didn't feel like getting all invested in a subject that is so fraught with complexities.

I DO UNDERSTAND where LEO's are coming from because I have one stepson who is LEO employed by the Corpus Christi Port Authority and another who WAS employed in the DFW area.

We hire police officers essentially to be "PEACE OFFICERS"....or maybe "peace & order MAINTAINERS" would be more to the point. That may be WHY they sometimes appear to act like THEY ARE THE LAW.......rather than simply enforcers of the law......?

stealthyeliminator

Sorry. I guess you were working up a reply to my rant.

I just didn't feel like getting all invested in a subject that is so fraught with complexities.

I DO UNDERSTAND where LEO's are coming from because I have one stepson who is LEO employed by the Corpus Christi Port Authority and another who WAS employed in the DFW area.

We hire police officers essentially to be "PEACE OFFICERS"....or maybe "peace & order MAINTAINERS" would be more to the point. That may be WHY they sometimes appear to act like THEY ARE THE LAW.......rather than simply enforcers of the law......?

Oh, no, I was exploring the possibility that something has been causing posts to be deleted unintentionally, but if you deleted it intentionally then that explains it :)