• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Art Acevedo Education Rally

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
There's nothing scary about open carry.

Wish I could say the same about the Chief's views.

HPmatt

Good job Grisham.
Thanks to 'David' from WV that explains how OC works in states where state law is in agreement with the Constitution.
I would like to point out to Chief Acevedo that OC is needed MUCH MORE in urban areas as opposed to rural. If you look at the Crime statistics, urban areas are where most of the armed robberies and murders occur, not in the thinly populated places like Concho or Menard counties. There you'd need more rat shot than 9mm...

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Gee, Chief,

Anybody could be driving a car without a driver's licence and/or at least the minimally mandated level of insurance. Why aren't cops stopping automobiles to make sure the drivers are properly complying with the law - especially since cars kill more people than guns. Or women? Last I checked all of them carry the equipment to commit prostitution.

Stopping the car that is being driven erratically, or significantly over or under the speed limit may be an appropriate response. Checking on the woman who, especially during the hours of darkness, leans into the passenger window and talks with the drivers of lots of different cars may be an appropriate response. Just like stopping the Open Carrier who keeps finger-*expletive*king his handgun may be appropriate.

But if you are going to be stopping and checking people who are Open Carrying because they are Open Carrying, you had better start with those who are most frequently seen Open Carrying. Without doing so how will you know they are real cops who can Open Carry without a license/permit?

I know that it is considered bad form to pick on the mentally/emotionally challenged, but it is just so darned much fun.:)

stay safe.