Thread: New Twist to Missing Man from Virginia

New Twist to Missing Man from Virginia

I just saw the updates to this story tonight. The news is now reporting that the missing man may have been carrying a handgun. I don't know why they think that. He was planning to go into DC, so if he was a CHP holder, he should know he can't carry there.

Certainly bears watching this story. At first the media was trying to cast suspicion on "slugging," which is stupid. Far more risk walking around in DC than from slugging.

TFred

New clues revealed as police continue search for missing Virginia dad

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TFred View Post
    I just saw the updates to this story tonight. The news is now reporting that the missing man may have been carrying a handgun. I don't know why they think that. He was planning to go into DC, so if he was a CHP holder, he should know he can't carry there.

Certainly bears watching this story. At first the media was trying to cast suspicion on "slugging," which is stupid. Far more risk walking around in DC than from slugging.

TFred

Withdrawing money from an ATM should provide a security tape.

Me thinks this does not bode well.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Withdrawing money from an ATM should provide a security tape.

Me thinks this does not bode well.
    I agree. They did say in earlier reports that the text message they received during the 10AM hour had content which they believe could only have come from him. I haven't seen any particular details reported on the ATM transaction.

TFred

Duck! Flying pig alert

Buckley, who was completing his PhD in microbiology, may have a handgun with him, police said. But they added he was “absolutely no danger to anyone.”
    I demand - DEMAND, I say - to see that written in each and every other article that discusses the fact that someone possessed a firearm unless that person also is alleged to have made a specific threat[ening action] towards another person.

I'll be over in the corner timing how long snowballs survive while waiting for that to happen.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

[ ... ] I haven't seen any particular details reported on the ATM transaction. TFred
    Same as all ATM transactions, the Personal Identification Number.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    I demand - DEMAND, I say - to see that written in each and every other article that discusses the fact that someone possessed a firearm unless that person also is alleged to have made a specific threat[ening action] towards another person.

I'll be over in the corner timing how long snowballs survive while waiting for that to happen.

stay safe.
    Well, but he's from Virginia, right? Ergo, carrying a handgun.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Update/additional information shows ATM security cam images that would seem to indicate he was alone at that point.
    http://www.nbc12.com/story/29015355/...g-stafford-man
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

TFred

^emphasis mine

Now, why would you think that (reference to the bold section)??
    How many chper's come here asking the most basic of questions that should have been covered in their class or during their research to insure they were legal. Have we not had chper's that wondered across enemy lines only to ask LEO where could they store their firearm while visiting their fine city.
    Last edited by Marco; 05-13-2015 at 07:37 PM. Reason: typo's as usual
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    Well, but he's from Virginia, right? Ergo, carrying a handgun.
    If only that were so.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Missing man found alive and well in Maryland campground. Very strange though and no answers provided yet as to WHY he "disappeared."

http://www.nbc12.com/story/29015355/...-md-campground

We had some friends - husband went missing around 1990. He was a lawyer, was in NYC and disappeared from his hotel.
    Ross Perot's security guys researched it, figured he just walked out on family - typical when someone 'disappears in NYC'. Community/church helped raise his family, sent kids to college, etc. Found him a few years back living in WV/NC area - dummy contacted Texas regarding his law license.

Don't know if this is the issue here or the guy was just off his meds or got some bad 'shrooms...
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651