Thread: Denied

Denied

I recently was denied the purchase of a firearm at a local gun dealer. I was given a web address to see why. The thing is I have a CCW license and absolutely no police record. I don't even have a speeding ticket on my record. I feel like my rights have been violated. I'm confused and don't know what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

I've PM'd the moderator requesting a move to KY sub-forum for this state specific topic. Welcome to OCDO. Best wishes.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Contact SAF.org. Chances are they're not ready to challenge the background check system in court yet, however it wouldn't hurt letting them know you'd be available as a plantiff.

At the very least you could add your case to their list of examples of law-abiding victims of that 1968 Gun Control Act.

1968 - that super special magical year that Congress required criminals to buy their guns off the black market. Result: crime went up and billions of dollar wasted on a flawed-by-designed system that even if it worked, doesn't work!
    Last edited by OC4me; 05-09-2015 at 04:56 PM.

It is probably a case of mistaken identity. Go to the web address to see why, and file an appeal.
    Christian, Husband, Father
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Anything I post in these forums is my personal opinion formed by my own interpretation of the topic.
    IANAL and anything I say is not intended to be nor should it be taken as legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by OC4me View Post
    Contact SAF.org. Chances are they're not ready to challenge the background check system in court yet, however it wouldn't hurt letting them know you'd be available as a plantiff.

At the very least you could add your case to their list of examples of law-abiding victims of that 1968 Gun Control Act.

1968 - that super special magical year that Congress required criminals to buy their guns off the black market. Result: crime went up and billions of dollar wasted on a flawed-by-designed system that even if it worked, doesn't work!
    Thanks. It's BS though. Over the years I've purchased at least 20 firearms. Now all of a sudden I get denied. It's un-American. They are infringing on my constitutional rights!

Quote Originally Posted by JustaShooter View Post
    It is probably a case of mistaken identity. Go to the web address to see why, and file an appeal.
    I went to the FBI website and was not given a reason! I did however file an appeal.

Seems odd a shop would even bother running the background since your CCDW is an automatic pass.

What gun shop is this?

I wouldn't place too much concern over it as NICS is revamping their system w/new software and it could be nothing more than a hiccup in the roll out.

if this isn't the site given to you: http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/nic...s/appeals-home then not sure where you were directed.

finally, some FFLs run the background check even tho the buyer presents their CCW.

myriad of reason why the FFL ran it through NICS, new customer, olde CCW, or just cuz.

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 05-10-2015 at 05:07 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Gutshot, soon after Ky. started issuing CDW licenses, friend of mine there ran into a weird problem. He had the license but the next time he tried to buy a handgun locally, NICS denied it. Several years previously he had lived in Florida and gotten fined by their state wildlife cops for some sort of minor fishing violation. Paid the fine and forgot the matter.

Well, it seems that between then and the abovementioned gun purchase, Florida had retroactively made that old offense a much more serious crime. Kentucky state police didn't catch it but the Feds sure did. He had to find a KY based attorney also licensed to practice in Florida to clear that up, and she had to fly to Tallahassee and fix it in person!

What a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitetail1 View Post
    I recently was denied the purchase of a firearm at a local gun dealer. I was given a web address to see why. The thing is I have a CCW license and absolutely no police record. I don't even have a speeding ticket on my record. I feel like my rights have been violated. I'm confused and don't know what to do. Any help would be appreciated.
    Did you go to the website to see why?

1 year olds have been placed on the "do not fly" list because they are believed to be terrorists.

Clerical errors do not equate to denial of constitutional rights.