Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: George Zimmerman suffers gunshot wound in Florida

George Zimmerman suffers gunshot wound in Florida

By Washington Times Staff - - Updated: 1:48 p.m. on Monday, May 11, 2015

Police in Lake Mary, Florida, say George Zimmerman suffered a gunshot wound Monday afternoon.

Lake Mary Police Chief Steve Bracknell told Orlando NBC affiliate WESH that the shooting incident involved two men.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ation-florida/

https://news.google.com/news/rtc?ncl...99Pa-4u8OQyfGM
    Last edited by Nightmare; 05-11-2015 at 01:58 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Trouble just seems to find this guy! Could it possibly all be coincidence?
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    Trouble just seems to find this guy! Could it possibly all be coincidence?
    Is not that the real meaning of activist?

Like Jesus Gonzalez pushed OC here until he wound up in jail.
    http://search.jsonline.com/Search.as...sus%20Gonzalez
    Last edited by Nightmare; 05-11-2015 at 04:10 PM.

Yawnnnn
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

UPDATE! George Zimmerman shot in face during road rage incident in Florida

There appeared to be damage to the passenger side window of Zimmerman's truck, a Honda Ridgeline, but a lawyer for Zimmerman has said that his client wasn't seriously injured. Attorney Don West told the Associated Press that a bullet missed Zimmerman's head and that Zimmerman was sprayed with glass from his vehicle's windshield and other debris.
    [ ... ]
    Investigators are also working a second scene related to this incident on Waymont Court.

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/story/29...g-in-lake-mary

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...ation-florida/
    Last edited by Nightmare; 05-11-2015 at 03:44 PM.

Founder's Club Member
    Just on the subject of being shot in the face.

Years ago I met a fella who had a memorable bad-luck story. He had a hospital/professional gauze bandage on his jaw. More than a Band-Aid, but not too serious. When I asked about it, he related being seated in his car in a shopping mall parking lot. Two other fellas got into a dispute some distance away. One shot at the other and missed. That bullet traveled across a good bit of parking lot, through the bandaged fella's open car window, entered his jawline to the side of his chin, and plowed several inches just under his skin. Along the jawbone, I guess.

He was kinda upbeat about it. Didn't seem to bother him at all when he was telling me about it one or two days after it happened.

Bad "car-ma", I would say.
    Last edited by Citizen; 05-11-2015 at 05:06 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Is not that the real meaning of activist?

Like Jesus Gonzalez pushed OC here until he wound up in jail.
    http://search.jsonline.com/Search.as...sus%20Gonzalez
    I'm not really seeing the correlation between your story and Zimmerman's.

μολὼν λαβέ

So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Sounds like I might have been an assassination attempt on Zimmerman

http://www.gunwatch.blogspot.com/201...-apparent.html

It appears that George Zimmerman, who has survived the violent attack by Treyvon Martin, survived the media persecution, survived the trial, had his marriage destroyed and a reward posted on his head for the temerity of surviving, has apparently survived an assassination attempt. A bullet narrowly missed George Zimmerman's head, leading to non-life threatening wounds. The man who tried to kill him, seems to have thought he had succeeded. From wesh.com:

Rest at the link
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Yawnnnn
    Yes, who cares about fat boy.

Wake me up when someone hot like Anne Hathaway or Scarlett Johansson gets in a gun fight.

Founder's Club Member
    So, now Zimmerman was just sprayed in the face with flying glass.

So, WFTV (the Washington Times' source for shot-in-the-face) is discredited for sloppy reporting.

And, the Washington Times is discredited for spouting somebody else's report without first thoroughly checking its accuracy.
    Last edited by Citizen; 05-11-2015 at 07:45 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

So an unarmed kid "attacks" him after he follows the kid for blocks for no apparent reason and Zimmerman shoots and kills the kid. A guy tries to kill Zimmerman with a gun and not a single shot fired in self-defense. Interesting.

μολὼν λαβέ

So an unarmed kid "attacks" him after he follows the kid for blocks for no apparent reason and Zimmerman shoots and kills the kid. A guy tries to kill Zimmerman with a gun and not a single shot fired in self-defense. Interesting.
    By the time he realized that a shot had been fired and, presumably, figured out who the shooter was and where they were, it does not look like he was still in imminent danger.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Me thinks you misunderstand the original Zimmerman situation.
    Last edited by notalawyer; 05-11-2015 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by notalawyer View Post
    Me thinks you misunderstand the original Zimmerman situation.
    Perhaps you could clarify.

μολὼν λαβέ

Florida police recover gun from George Zimmerman, 2 weapons from other man

Police also released a 911 call in which the caller says the other man, Matthew Apperson, told him he was forced to fire his gun Monday at the former neighborhood watch leader on a busy street in the Orlando suburb of Lake Mary.

“A guy says he had to shoot a guy through the window and he wants the police to come,” the man said on the call. “He had to shoot at somebody … He said it was George Zimmerman.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...prior-dust-up/

"Zimmerman and Apperson were involved in a road-rage episode last September, but no charges were filed in that case."

Umm... this is just bizarre.

μολὼν λαβέ

State Researcher
    I think I see what you did there. And it caused me to pause. I figure Zimmerman is either the most unlucky guy around or was just always on the edge of legality.

But you've put a slightly different twist on it.

Zimmerman's seeming non-response to an armed assault paints a little different picture of his character than one might have gathered from the allegations of him murdering that sweet, innocent, cuddly kid who just wanted to hug him.

Well done, sir.

Charles

PS, Does anyone recall, did OJ get this much press between his murder acquittal and his arrest for kidnapping in Vegas?
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

I'm taking a wait and see position. The guy has had a target on his back since the Martin shooting but it also sounds like he invites problems himself. I can't figure out if his notoriety has been used by others to try to hurt him or if he is just a jerk. This case is certainly a he said/he said situation. Apperson says Zimmerman brandished so he shot. Zimmerman says he didn't. Well, their attorneys say so. I guess we'll see if and when any charges are filed.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Perhaps you could clarify.
    Based on your use of the word 'kid', the quotes you placed around 'attacks', and the use of the phrase 'for no reason', I would submit that you have already formed an (uninformed) opinion of the situation based on media speculation & character attacks fueled by race baiters and corrupt politicians. I seriously doubt any information I could provide would clarify matters for you.

But if you are really interested you can go look at the actual trial transcripts and any of dozens upon dozens of unbiased reports available.

Based on your use of the word 'kid', the quotes you placed around 'attacks', and the use of the phrase 'for no reason', I would submit that you have already formed an (uninformed) opinion of the situation based on media speculation & character attacks fueled by race baiters and corrupt politicians. I seriously doubt any information I could provide would clarify matters for you.

But if you are really interested you can go look at the actual trial transcripts and any of dozens upon dozens of unbiased reports available.

Well, it's my opinion that the whole situation was likely avoidable and also unnecessary. I don't think it's really fair for you to blame my opinion on, "media speculation & character attacks fueled by race baiters and corrupt politicians." I also don't think it's fair for you to assume I wouldn't be receptive to factual corrections or another opinion on the subject.

μολὼν λαβέ

Centurion

Lots of witnessess support Zimmerman's account

Quote Originally Posted by deepdiver View Post
    I'm taking a wait and see position. The guy has had a target on his back since the Martin shooting but it also sounds like he invites problems himself. I can't figure out if his notoriety has been used by others to try to hurt him or if he is just a jerk. This case is certainly a he said/he said situation. Apperson says Zimmerman brandished so he shot. Zimmerman says he didn't. Well, their attorneys say so. I guess we'll see if and when any charges are filed.
    http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2015/05...-apparent.html

According to a commenter at the washingtonpost.com:

WillB2

5/13/2015 11:01 AM MST

It is a very busy road and dozens saw the events. They were interviewed last night on local (Channel 10) TV. According to them, Apperson was chasing Zimmerman, waving a gun and yelling out of the window of his car. Zimmerman was trying to flee. Zimmerman then made a U turn in an attempt to escape, but Apperson made a U Turn as well, drew up beside Zimmerman and fired into his car. Apperson is now facing the mandatory 20 years in prison and Zimmerman won't be seeing him again until 2035.

The information about the incident was inconclusive, until multiple witnesses confirmed George Zimmerman's version of events. An assassination is " to kill (someone, such as a famous or important person) usually for political reasons" The definition seems to fit the attack on George Zimmerman rather well.

Well, it's my opinion that the whole situation was likely avoidable and also unnecessary. I don't think it's really fair for you to blame my opinion on, "media speculation & character attacks fueled by race baiters and corrupt politicians." I also don't think it's fair for you to assume I wouldn't be receptive to factual corrections or another opinion on the subject.
    Well, you opinion is certainly not based on any facts. I suggest you go find the court documents and educate yourself.

Zimmerman's attacker seems to have had some problems

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3289692/posts

‎14‎/‎2015‎ ‎7‎:‎37‎:‎14‎ ‎AM · by marktwain · 13 replies
    Dailey Mail ^ | 13 May, 2015 | Paul Thompson

Matthew Apperson is under investigation over a shot fired into Zimmerman's car earlier this week Apperson, 35, was said by neighbors to be 'irrational and unstable' in days leading up to Zimmerman confrontation One neighbor called police when she found a squirrel killed with a BB gun and told officer she feared it was 'a sign' from Apperson Police documents show he has also been investigated after telling phone canvasser he was planning to kill a trespasser with his Magnum .357Decision due within days on whether Apperson will be charged over shot fired at Zimmerman which he says was self-defense
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Well, you opinion is certainly not based on any facts. I suggest you go find the court documents and educate yourself.
    Well I can see this is just going to go in circles.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by ccwinstructor View Post
    http://gunwatch.blogspot.com/2015/05...-apparent.html

According to a commenter at the washingtonpost.com:

WillB2

5/13/2015 11:01 AM MST

It is a very busy road and dozens saw the events. They were interviewed last night on local (Channel 10) TV. According to them, Apperson was chasing Zimmerman, waving a gun and yelling out of the window of his car. Zimmerman was trying to flee. Zimmerman then made a U turn in an attempt to escape, but Apperson made a U Turn as well, drew up beside Zimmerman and fired into his car. Apperson is now facing the mandatory 20 years in prison and Zimmerman won't be seeing him again until 2035.

The information about the incident was inconclusive, until multiple witnesses confirmed George Zimmerman's version of events. An assassination is " to kill (someone, such as a famous or important person) usually for political reasons" The definition seems to fit the attack on George Zimmerman rather well.
    Thank you for the updated information. I hadn't even heard/read anything further since the news first broke, but I was out of town and have been swamped since I returned.

Most definitely sounds like Apperson is entirely the aggressor here and in the wrong 50 ways to Sunday given all the witnesses supporting Zimmerman's version. It will be interesting to see what charges are filed.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast