• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SPD cop calls me out because I have a gun too

rapgood

UNLIKE COPS, citizens are allowed to be azzholes.
Aren't cops taught to ignore azzholes, and they go away? The rest of us are.
Whaaatt?? Cops aren't allowed to be a**holes? Did anyone tell THEM that? Certainly not in Seattle!

()pen(arry

ARADCOM, there's no explaining what you wrote. You've started back-pedaling, and after being such a bombastic jerk to some of the more respected members of this forum about it, you're trying, desperately, not to admit that you didn't say what you meant. At least, that's the best possible truth that could come out of your original post in this thread. What you posted was reprehensible. It doesn't matter how you try to spin it to cover it up; you posted some grade-A, rancid sh't. So own up to having made a stupid post and move on. This pansy-assed equivocating, insisting people put words in your mouth or took your words out of context, makes you look stupider.

Be a man. Admit you screwed up. Because, when assessing which of two people is the d*uchebag, the answer is almost always both.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
SNIP when assessing which of two people is the d*uchebag, the answer is almost always both.
IMO, I think that is the correct answer to the video I watched....
Which is more egregious? The one representing the state. Do I want either one representing me? No.
In reading the Declaration of Independence, Bill of Rights and the Federalist Papers, they are well noted for eloquence, not for calling the King or his representatives d-bags or f***ing a-holes.

RogueReflections

Personally, I think you're a pretty poor representative for OC. Your language and demeanor during this encounter are appalling. It surely looks like your main objective was to provoke a response, or more likely an over response, from the officer.

Truthfully, by the end of the video I was kind of wishing you'd get what you wanted. Maybe a skull fracture would let in a few manners and a little common sense and decency.

Well, ARADCOM, it is unfortunate you see things the way you do, even though the video shows I was not even addressing this insecure cop until he addressed me. I also have no desire to be a poster child or "representative" for OC, or anything else. I am just a guy who also happens to open carry and film police. Maybe you have accepted that a person can treat another person any way they wish, or talk to them any way they like, so long as they have a shiny badge and uniform or have some sort of self-inflated sense of authority. I am the type of person who respects those who deserve it and don't cower to those who think they have power and authority over me.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Well, ARADCOM, it is unfortunate you see things the way you do, even though the video shows I was not even addressing this insecure cop until he addressed me. I also have no desire to be a poster child or "representative" for OC, or anything else. I am just a guy who also happens to open carry and film police. Maybe you have accepted that a person can treat another person any way they wish, or talk to them any way they like, so long as they have a shiny badge and uniform or have some sort of self-inflated sense of authority. I am the type of person who respects those who deserve it and don't cower to those who think they have power and authority over me.

You've got more guts than me.

I read somewhere years ago that it is illegal in VA to have a gun and participate in a riot.

If there is a police line in riot gear, things are a little too close to an actual riot for my taste. I'm figuring my OCed pistol is just begging the police to arrest me if even a brief riotous outburst occurs. If I'm CCing and can't out of the way of the dragnet, and the police find my gun after arresting me, its just another charge (and I lose the gun). When bricks and bottles start to fly, its kinda hard to tell who is and isn't participating, meaning now I have to prove my innocence and pay the expense of a legal defense, even if I win.

Alpine

At one point Murray/SPD declared the May Day events a "riot." Not sure if that granted them some "special" extra powers in WA or Seattle or not.

EMNofSeattle

At one point Murray/SPD declared the May Day events a "riot." Not sure if that granted them some "special" extra powers in WA or Seattle or not.

I think that's just for the media. There used to be an RCW chapter about riots and was renamed something else, I don't think the word riot carries any legal significance.

Now if the governor said state of emergency that's a different story, the governor can ban the public carrying of firearms under the emergency powers act

ARADCOM

Say What??

ARADCOM, there's no explaining what you wrote. You've started back-pedaling, and after being such a bombastic jerk to some of the more respected members of this forum about it, you're trying, desperately, not to admit that you didn't say what you meant. At least, that's the best possible truth that could come out of your original post in this thread. What you posted was reprehensible. It doesn't matter how you try to spin it to cover it up; you posted some grade-A, rancid sh't. So own up to having made a stupid post and move on. This pansy-assed equivocating, insisting people put words in your mouth or took your words out of context, makes you look stupider.

Be a man. Admit you screwed up. Because, when assessing which of two people is the d*uchebag, the answer is almost always both.

You are so far off base I think you must be AWOL!! ;-)

And I really, really admit to what I wrote. It's the people who think I wrote something else that have the problem here.

ARADCOM

Yeah! Dave_pro2a weighed in.

--quote edited/deleted by moderator--
Truthfully, I don't care about you or your opinions. May you live long and prosper under the coming police state and when you look back on your deathbed, you regret not trying to save the country. I'd prefer you live long and enjoy that emotional pain of seeing the fruits of your 'opinions' become reality, versus die young and suffer physical pain for being a jerk hole..

Coming from you, I'll take that all as a compliment. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

OC for ME

Personally, I think you're a pretty poor representative for OC. Your language and demeanor during this encounter are appalling. It surely looks like your main objective was to provoke a response, or more likely an over response, from the officer.

Truthfully, by the end of the video I was kind of wishing you'd get what you wanted.
Fair enough. Many videos of citizens desiring to provoke vs. simply going about their daily lives. Not a fan of these citizens.

RR appeared to be doing what he does daily, going about his daily life if you will. I believe he being armed is tangential to his stated purpose for being in that place at that time.

[/QUOTE]Maybe a skull fracture would let in a few manners and a little common sense and decency.[/QUOTE]I read this as a separate statement. Wishing that the cop would inflict a skull fracture, to "let in" manners, common sense, and decency. The term "maybe" could be a qualifier, as in, of the many choices that the cop could respond with, you choose a lethal response.

Or, absent a comma, the "maybe" means that a skull fracture, in your view, can be the only thing that will let in a few manners, common sense, and decency.

Folks who chose a potentially lethal response to be employed, by cops, for behavior that they disagree with.

That cop could have KHBMS like the other cops who, apparently, did not rise to the occasion. YMMV...

Difdi

And yes, RR was acting like kind of a d'bag.

Doesn't change the fact that he was exercising his rights. Nobody ever needed a heavily protected right to say nice things to people or to say exactly what people want to hear.

I read somewhere years ago that it is illegal in VA to have a gun and participate in a riot.

By that standard police are violating the law when they show up armed to a protest then start inciting riot.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Doesn't change the fact that he was exercising his rights. Nobody ever needed a heavily protected right to say nice things to people or to say exactly what people want to hear.

By that standard police are violating the law when they show up armed to a protest then start inciting riot.

OMG!! That is so true!

I saw a video several years ago of a protest. One of the protesters--the videographer--recognized a cop in casual clothes among the protesters. The cop was trying to incite the protesters to violence--classic agent provocateur. The guy shooting the video started alerting those around him about the cop's actual affiliation. You can bet there was no plan to arrest and prosecute that cop for inciting a riot while armed.

Special privileges. Even more years ago, I saw on youtube a video of a cop making crystal meth. It was a news story. The idea was to show how easy it is to make crystal meth. The cop self-importantly explained that he didn't want to show on video every single step. But, once he had some crystals swirling in solution or something, he declared that was actually crystal meth. This was an air-tight confession to manufacturing crystal meth--a freakin' felony. But, of course, the news story closed without any mention of whether the cop was subsequently indicted for this felony.

Difdi

I saw a video several years ago of a protest. One of the protesters--the videographer--recognized a cop in casual clothes among the protesters. The cop was trying to incite the protesters to violence--classic agent provocateur. The guy shooting the video started alerting those around him about the cop's actual affiliation. You can bet there was no plan to arrest and prosecute that cop for inciting a riot while armed.

That's what citizen's arrest is for. If the representatives of the citizens are too apathetic (if not outright corrupt) to make the arrest, it falls to the citizens.

sudden valley gunner

That's what citizen's arrest is for. If the representatives of the citizens are too apathetic (if not outright corrupt) to make the arrest, it falls to the citizens.

I'd say it begins with the citizen, then some power is granted to their employees to do what is a citizens job.