Thread: VMI Cadets parade drills

VMI Cadets parade drills

The VMI webcams are capturing the cadets drilling in front of the buildings right now - pretty neat

http://www.vmi.edu/_VMI/Tools/Webcams/2136/

must be preparation for graduation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	video.cgi.jpeg 
Views:	68 
Size:	10.6 KB 
ID:	12521  
    Last edited by HPmatt; 05-12-2015 at 04:14 PM.
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Armed citizen insurrectionists! Call 911!!

They are mere members of the unorganized militia and have no authority to parade about under arms in such a threatening manner.

Strangely, their professors and other officers of the school are members of the orhanized militia. http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...000+cod+44-117

Or as Oddball said: "Pretty. But can they fight?"

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Day shud make a movie.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I know they fought at the New Market - 151 years ago this Friday. Had to hire some stonemasons to rebuild after that one....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “Men live without other security than what their own strength and their own invention shall furnish them"
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmark View Post
    Armed citizen insurrectionists! Call 911!!

They are mere members of the unorganized militia and have no authority to parade about under arms in such a threatening manner.

Strangely, their professors and other officers of the school are members of the orhanized militia. http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...000+cod+44-117

Or as Oddball said: "Pretty. But can they fight?"

stay safe.
    Gotta watch them VMI perfessers. Some of them really can fight: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stonewall_Jackson
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

VMI Cadets parade drills

knew I had one around here

Last edited by HPmatt; 05-12-2015 at 10:50 PM.
    -Thomas Hobbes 1651

I like these two better:

and then:

-Thomas Hobbes 1651

Founder's Club Member
    wow!
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    I am somewhat confused as the second photograph above would seem in conflict with information that General Andrew Jackson was buried at the Hermitage. Wonder if the old tin type is of his adopted son's grave site - same name, but a Jr.

"Jackson's health deteriorated acerbated by a bullet lodged near his heart received in a duel but never removed. He died at the Hermitage reaching the age of 77. Thousands attended his funeral. Burial was beside Rachel in a tomb he had designed and constructed."

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...id=534&page=gr

http://thehermitage.com/learn/mansio...jacksons-tomb/
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Knobs and Rats.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare