• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

RVA OC Breakfast - Sat 5/16

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Greater Richmond OC breakfast Sat. 5/16, 9:30 A.M.

Golden Corral
1 S Providence Rd .............map
Richmond, VA 23236
(804) 320-5078

Default position by popular demand.

Topics for discussion include recent conviction of Surry prosecutor, which member is riding the rails, and is Poppa Joe paying child support. Other topics may be proposed via the on site sign in sheet.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'd love to go but I put a new distributor in the bubba buggy today and it lives. I'm already packed.

9YZXUVO.jpg

va_tazdad

Well, since we HAVE to go back there, I guess I will just HAVE to be part of the crowd. It just depresses me soooooo much to have steak for breakfast again.

What ever will I do????

(That is of course predicated on not getting drafted AGAIN like this morning.) ;>)

Update: Drafted AGAIN ! Sucks to be me . 8>(

Last edited:

scouser

so, Logan & I are the ones to miss out today. We already had breakfast and are back home again now. We went to a place called "Eat 33" on Staples Mill Rd and on the way from our front door to the car we saw what I think was a juvenile eastern ratsnake.

Well skid wanted a report on the diner. It didn't look promising when we arrived, basically because of 3 or 4 white county cars outside, but things quickly looked better because their drivers were walking out of the diner as I parked. Logan picks up on things I say very quickly. My comment as we pulled in was "oh great, pigs", and as he got out the car he said in his nice loud voice "daddy is that man a pig?"

Booths are fixed wooden seats and tables. I just about had enough room to sit in one, to be honest anyone other than Grapeshot would not make it into a booth. They do, however, have some loose tables and chairs in the middle of the backroom. Place was clean, service was friendly without being invasive, coffee was good coffee, but the coffee mugs were on the small side, a bit larger than Golden Corral have but smaller than those at RCD. They don't have apple juice so Logan was more than happy with the large 'to go' cup of orange juice he got instead. Logan said their scrambled eggs were good, I enjoyed their hash browns although I'm by no means a connoiseur of hash browns. They tasted of potato, some were soft, some were crunchy. Actually I'd meant to order home fries but for some reason the words "hash browns" came out of my mouth instead. Their Philly Sunrise sub was really good, philly cheesesteak topped with some scrambled egg, to which I'd asked them to add some Italian dressing and hold the mayo (which the server wasn't sure would be on it anyway but she made sure to tell the kitchen I didn't want any). Logan tried my food, didn't like the hash browns but loved the cheesesteak so much that he wouldnt eat the last small bit of scrambled egg had on his plate unless he had some cheesesteak to go with it.

Logan & I will be returning there at some point in the future.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Seems Grapeshot got stood up by everybody. Fortunately he's got a skin as thick as tissue paper (which on him is like rhino hide on anybody else).

My only concern is that as he sat there by himself talking about all of us, did anybody even notice that the crazy old coot talking to himself was carrying? Maybe we ought to get him one of those pretend bluetooth things for camoflage?

stay safe.

scouser

Seems Grapeshot got stood up by everybody.

Don't blame me, I gave the required two week's advance notice of non-attendance. I even filled out the forms and sent the pink copies to Accounting, the fuchshia ones to Purchasing, and the goldenrod ones to Roz. I left the puce. No kids escaped and no monsters were hurt making this breakfast