• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wouldn't it be great if...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
In what state and locality did this occur?

The production and posting of this video would seem to be more promoting of racial divide, rather than unity. That might not be apparent to some.

What I see is one officer demonstrating extremely poor judgement - use of lethal force where no RAS of a crime is present. The other officers are obviously hesitant/reluctant to fan the flame.

The second gentleman will have an excellent case should he decide to proceed civilly after the dust settles.

The members of this community (OCDO) and both state and national gun rights groups have not been slow to step up to the plate when the need was demonstrated.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
I'm pretty sure that Mike and John (the personal part of the entity known as OCDo_Org) will not be bringing the organization into whatever discussion ensues. That does not mean that they may not personally be upset by the incident, or will not allow discussion of the incident, or refuse to allow "members" to use the forum to discuss the incident and/or any responses to what happened/what may follow next.

All of which I am personally grateful and thankful for.

One of the big problems I see regarding this recording of incidents in Oregon (as best I understood what they were saying in the intro) is that it was not the same officer confronting the same individuals in the same location. (It seems to me one was a police officer and the other was a sherrif's deputy, which bolsters the different locations/different policies/different attitudes argument.)

In the first incident I saw an officer who did not immediately pull his duty weapon because he wanted to satisfy his professional (and perhaps personal) curiosity about why something fairly unusual was taking place. In the second incident the deputy chose to immediately pull his duty weapon, which I am presuming was because he saw the mere presence of the AR as a threat. Yet once the second guy was separated from his AR (for officer safety? [/sarcasm]) he was not handcuffed but led onto the sidewalk where it appeared a conversation was begun. Which leads me to consider that the departmental culture is not "ZOMG He's got a gun!!ELEVENTY!!"

Much like the TV news we are given heavily edited clips that support a particular ideology, whether that be that blood/fear raises ratings or that cops are all anti-2A/anti-gun. I withold judgement until I know more about how both incidents played out - and that includes resolving any complaints that might have been filed. (Strange attitude, that, from someone who has been persecuted and prosecuted, no? Especially when you know that the experiences did not make me afraid of the cops.)

stay safe.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
From the clips there is a great disparity, however, we have little to no information of the details and we did not see the final resolution of either. The 2nd would be especially interesting to see the remainder and have more info on the entirety of the situation. If the discrepancy is entirely due to race it is indeed an egregious display. Actually, disparity aside, if the first cop's reaction in the 2nd incident does not have some other mitigating circumstance in some way justifying the drawn sidearm it is sickening regardless of the demographic of the OCer involved.

stealthyeliminator

Looks like cherry picking incidents to try and make a race issue out of what is otherwise not a race issue. There's no reason given to believe that the white OCer was treated the way he was treated solely because he was white, nor is there any reason given to believe that the black OCer was treated the way that he was treated solely because he was black. I've seen plenty of videos of officers drawing down on and/or proning out white OCers.

I'd like to see us continue to normalize the practice of OC and not fall into the same traps that our opponents lay, trying to change the issue into something it's not.

Rusty Young Man

looks like a drive-by posting. We did not jump on his racist bandwagon so he moved on.

Didn't you get the memo? You CAN"T be racist when you're favoring minorities. You can ONLY be racist when you "oppress" minorities or don't talk about how bad the White Man is*.:rolleyes:

In all seriousness, the video seems to be nothing more than a loaded piece, no pun intended, meant to cause indignation and outrage rather than offer an objective analysis of Long Gun Open Carry (LGOC) and race. I'd like to see the results if the carriers are both dressed alike (not having one wearing excessively baggy clothing only slightly resembling the other's outfit, I mean SAME EXACT fit/style and colors in the same manner) and interact with the SAME police department.

*Long story short: I am Hispanic and was called racist against Hispanics and Latinos for not favoring an "open border". This happened at the university I attend, mind you. :banghead:

Last edited:

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
We found out in another thread that the first part was in Oregon and the 2nd in Nevada and we have no idea of time differential. Definitely a baiting video...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
We found out in another thread that the first part was in Oregon and the 2nd in Nevada and we have no idea of time differential. Definitely a baiting video...

Better known as trolling.
icon13.png