Thread: Walmart

Walmart

First open carry in North Little Rock Walmart today. Got a few looks but nobody said anything about it not even the LEO out in front of the store. It was a good day.
    Last edited by Bart; 05-19-2015 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    First open carry in Nort Little Rock Walmart today. Got a few looks but nobody said anything about it not even the LEO out in front of the store. It was a goo day.
    Well done. It's unreal that you were exercising your right to bear arms, legally, yet because of the --snipped-- cops refusing to obey the law you must have been anxious. I don't know that I would have done the same, at least not in a group of people.

http://www.arkansascarry.com/communi...to-the-ag.html

STATE OF ARKANSAS
    THE ATTORNEY GENERAL
    LESLIE RUTLEDGE

Dear Mr. Pxxxxxx

Thank you for contacting the Office of the Arkansas Attorney General regarding questions relating to Act 746 of 2013, now codified as Arkansas Code Annotated §5-73-120.
    Please be advised that the general authority of the Arkansas Attorney General to issue legal advice and opinions interpreting state law is restricted to requests submitted by a certain category of “state” officials. Official Attorney General Opinions are governed by Arkansas Code Annotated §25-16-706 which can be located online at www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/arcode/Default.asp. The primary restriction placed upon the Attorney General’s Office by Arkansas state law is that the Attorney General is prohibited from the private practice of law.
    I have consistently stated that I interpret Act 746 to mean an individual may carry so long as he or she does so without the intent to unlawfully employ it against another person. Please be advised that this is not an Attorney General opinion as governed by Arkansas Code Annotated §25-16-706.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 05-18-2015 at 03:48 AM. Reason: LEO bashing
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

That's interesting, i read where an OCer in West Memphis walmart was approached by several officers and let's say "asked" to put his firearm away. He was not arrested. LEOs seem to be softening to the law.

So how ambiguous is OC in Arkansas still? I was recently on a short vacation which took me through Arkansas a bit and given that despite OCDO map showing it gold star other sources say that OC remains illegal in some jurisdictional interpretations. I was going to OC but in refreshing my memory on CC laws I saw some discrepancy on this and didn't have time at that point to check in here to find out the status. I CC'd during the 2 stops in the state as it just wasn't worth the hassle.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Quote Originally Posted by deepdiver View Post
    So how ambiguous is OC in Arkansas still? I was recently on a short vacation which took me through Arkansas a bit and given that despite OCDO map showing it gold star other sources say that OC remains illegal in some jurisdictional interpretations. I was going to OC but in refreshing my memory on CC laws I saw some discrepancy on this and didn't have time at that point to check in here to find out the status. I CC'd during the 2 stops in the state as it just wasn't worth the hassle.
    Not ambiguous at all. The new law passed under the radar and some of the jackboots aren't happy. They aren't lawless enough to flash their gang signs when people have been OCing groups. Not sure why this hasn't been resolved yet. You don't need a law degree to win this one in court.
    “If the natural tendencies of mankind are so bad that it is not safe to permit people to be free, how is it that the tendencies of these organizers are always good? Do not the legislators and their appointed agents also belong to the human race? Or do they believe that they themselves are made of a finer clay than the rest of mankind? ” -Bastiat

I don't "need" to openly carry a handgun or own an "assault weapon" any more than Rosa Parks needed a seat on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by 77zach View Post
    Not ambiguous at all. The new law passed under the radar and some of the jackboots aren't happy. They aren't lawless enough to flash their gang signs when people have been OCing groups. Not sure why this hasn't been resolved yet. You don't need a law degree to win this one in court.
    Good to know. Thanks. Next time I'll stay OC in Arkansas.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."