• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Walmart

Bart

First open carry in North Little Rock Walmart today. Got a few looks but nobody said anything about it not even the LEO out in front of the store. It was a good day.

Last edited:

77zach

First open carry in Nort Little Rock Walmart today. Got a few looks but nobody said anything about it not even the LEO out in front of the store. It was a goo day.

Well done. It's unreal that you were exercising your right to bear arms, legally, yet because of the --snipped-- cops refusing to obey the law you must have been anxious. I don't know that I would have done the same, at least not in a group of people.

http://www.arkansascarry.com/community/forums/announcements/18677-questions-submitted-to-the-ag.html

STATE OF ARKANSAS
THE ATTORNEY GENERAL
LESLIE RUTLEDGE

Dear Mr. Pxxxxxx

Thank you for contacting the Office of the Arkansas Attorney General regarding questions relating to Act 746 of 2013, now codified as Arkansas Code Annotated §5-73-120.
Please be advised that the general authority of the Arkansas Attorney General to issue legal advice and opinions interpreting state law is restricted to requests submitted by a certain category of “state” officials. Official Attorney General Opinions are governed by Arkansas Code Annotated §25-16-706 which can be located online at www.lexisnexis.com/hottopics/arcode/Default.asp. The primary restriction placed upon the Attorney General’s Office by Arkansas state law is that the Attorney General is prohibited from the private practice of law.
I have consistently stated that I interpret Act 746 to mean an individual may carry so long as he or she does so without the intent to unlawfully employ it against another person. Please be advised that this is not an Attorney General opinion as governed by Arkansas Code Annotated §25-16-706.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kopis

That's interesting, i read where an OCer in West Memphis walmart was approached by several officers and let's say "asked" to put his firearm away. He was not arrested. LEOs seem to be softening to the law.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
So how ambiguous is OC in Arkansas still? I was recently on a short vacation which took me through Arkansas a bit and given that despite OCDO map showing it gold star other sources say that OC remains illegal in some jurisdictional interpretations. I was going to OC but in refreshing my memory on CC laws I saw some discrepancy on this and didn't have time at that point to check in here to find out the status. I CC'd during the 2 stops in the state as it just wasn't worth the hassle.

77zach

So how ambiguous is OC in Arkansas still? I was recently on a short vacation which took me through Arkansas a bit and given that despite OCDO map showing it gold star other sources say that OC remains illegal in some jurisdictional interpretations. I was going to OC but in refreshing my memory on CC laws I saw some discrepancy on this and didn't have time at that point to check in here to find out the status. I CC'd during the 2 stops in the state as it just wasn't worth the hassle.

Not ambiguous at all. The new law passed under the radar and some of the jackboots aren't happy. They aren't lawless enough to flash their gang signs when people have been OCing groups. Not sure why this hasn't been resolved yet. You don't need a law degree to win this one in court.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
Not ambiguous at all. The new law passed under the radar and some of the jackboots aren't happy. They aren't lawless enough to flash their gang signs when people have been OCing groups. Not sure why this hasn't been resolved yet. You don't need a law degree to win this one in court.

Good to know. Thanks. Next time I'll stay OC in Arkansas. :)