• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So, looking to buy a Deuce.

DrakeZ07

I think just the thought of knowing that the deuce I'm buying, has a loud whistle sound to it, that is probably going to peeve off my anti-gun neighbor from Mass., is worth the money spent alone, and a better reason than 'Childhood dream'.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I think just the thought of knowing that the deuce I'm buying, has a loud whistle sound to it, that is probably going to peeve off my anti-gun neighbor from Mass., is worth the money spent alone, and a better reason than 'Childhood dream'.

Spend lots of time tuning it in your driveway. :lol:

Grim_Night

Don't forget, it's a diesel engine... you need to make sure that when you start that puppy up, you let it warm up to operating temp before putting it to work. That means 15-20 minutes (even longer on cold winter days) of just letting that noisy beast sit in the driveway running. Make sure you pump the throttle multiple times to rev the engine and get that turbo whistling a few times too. :p

Side note, look into making your own biodiesel fuel. That will save you at the pump and will even give you a couple new hobbies if you work it right.

KBCraig

Don't forget, it's a diesel engine...

Side note, look into making your own biodiesel fuel. That will save you at the pump and will even give you a couple new hobbies if you work it right.

It's a multi-fuel engine. It will run on anything from filtered fry grease, to jet fuel, including used motor oil in between.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
It's still designed for diesel, with modifications that allow it to tolerate other fuels. If you run it on gasoline, you have to follow a strict schedule of additives and maintenance, or something like that. It's been awhile since I read the manual.

Grim_Night

It's a multi-fuel engine. It will run on anything from filtered fry grease, to jet fuel, including used motor oil in between.

It's still designed for diesel, with modifications that allow it to tolerate other fuels. If you run it on gasoline, you have to follow a strict schedule of additives and maintenance, or something like that. It's been awhile since I read the manual.

Exactly, though it can run on just about anything that will burn, as MAC said, it is still a diesel engine and prefers to run on certain types of fuels. If you choose to use gasoline, be prepared to add about a quart of motor oil for ever 5 gallons or so, maybe less. And also be prepared to do much more frequent servicing on your engine. Bio diesel fuel is inexpensive to produce in your garage from a few simple ingredients obtained from local stores. Make a few trips to some local fast food joints and ask them if they would like for you to collect their used deep frier oil for free. Most will gladly accept because they are already having to pay to have somebody else collect the stuff.

KBCraig

Bio diesel fuel is inexpensive to produce in your garage from a few simple ingredients obtained from local stores. Make a few trips to some local fast food joints and ask them if they would like for you to collect their used deep frier oil for free. Most will gladly accept because they are already having to pay to have somebody else collect the stuff.

Sorry, those days are long gone. Used oil is no longer a liability to be disposed of: it's an asset to be sold to the highest bidder. Restaurants padlock their grease pits now, if they even have any... as likely as not, they put their used oil into vats owned by a recycler, posted with all manner of warnings that it's private property, consequences of theft, etc.