• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Barrett urges church-goers to help curb gun violence

Law abider

From The PCH: http://www.piercecountyherald.com/n...-ignore-seat-belts-trooper-says-madison-chief

Mayor Barrett now is turning to the church for help in stopping gun crimes. Now the pastor/ priest only have authority to preach the good news/ Gospel and hope the criminal will have an epiphany, ( I am not sure how many criminals are churchgoers), they don't have the authority to arrest the culprits. Mayor please enforce the laws and when the criminal is behind bars, then the church goers can come in and give them the Gospill in hopes they will swallow it. Or invite pastors/ churchgoers who have a calling in this field. First Mayor Barrett enforce the laws. I realize this is not a religious blog but Romans 13 comes in mind. LEOS have a ministerial duties to bring the sword for the wrongdoer and praise for the do gooder. Maybe not in Milwaukee.

utbagpiper

Banned
Seems to me that pastors, churches, church members, and church goers are all pretty unanimously opposed to all forms of criminal violence. Whether the tool used is a gun, a knife, baseball bat, fists, feet, rocks, or male anatomy is at least secondary to the fact that criminal violence was used in the first place.

Of course, much of criminal violence can be traced back to lack of fathers in the home; which springs from promiscuity and out-of-wedlock pregnancies. Coveting might also be a precursor to certain criminal violence. Wanting to get something for nothing in violation of the commandment to earn our daily bread through the sweat of our brows plays a role in some cases. And certainly lack of love for one's fellow man is manifest in criminal violence.

The Church can preach against all such sins.

But so long as the s/State continues to offer programs to encourage and reward such conduct it might be tough going.

Charles

Wstar425

Seems to me that pastors, churches, church members, and church goers are all pretty unanimously opposed to all forms of criminal violence. Whether the tool used is a gun, a knife, baseball bat, fists, feet, rocks, or male anatomy is at least secondary to the fact that criminal violence was used in the first place.

Of course, much of criminal violence can be traced back to lack of fathers in the home; which springs from promiscuity and out-of-wedlock pregnancies. Coveting might also be a precursor to certain criminal violence. Wanting to get something for nothing in violation of the commandment to earn our daily bread through the sweat of our brows plays a role in some cases. And certainly lack of love for one's fellow man is manifest in criminal violence.

The Church can preach against all such sins.

But so long as the s/State continues to offer programs to encourage and reward such conduct it might be tough going.

Charles

+1

That's why I always have a firearm on me when I go to church. I do go to church, pretty much every Sunday, not like I can say that truthfully cause I don't ever go.

The breakdown of the family is the start of a lot of issues. You phrased it well. Lots of reasons things are the way they are, all tangled together.

Law abider

He should be saying black, inter city ghetto churches located in the bad areas of Milw.

I can just hear them saying "You are a racist" But yes you make a very important point and it is about time that our black fellow citizens recognize the symptoms mentioned by other posters here that are causing our prisons and court systems to be overwhelmed. In fact senator Harsdorf has tried to get Teen Challenge into drug rehab for those criminals who commit a crime to support their habit but she had gotten snubbed when the Democrats were in the majority.

Wstar425

Not racist!

Most of my firearms are BLACK!! One is tan/green camo and a couple are shiny sparkly silver, and a couple even gold colored. None are white.

That racist argument is so overused as to be basically meaningless. It looks to me to be the last resort, when one is losing an argument. But, that doesn't stop anyone from using it. Sad. Sure, there is some racism, but to call almost everything that is really devaluing real racism, isn't it?

I am NOT claiming/calling any comments here racist. I'm just pretty much sick of the way it is thrown around these days. I don't really care what color you are, I dislike all asswipes equally. I'm in Chicago, Milwaukee, Madison, or some other large city about every day, so it's not like I live in a one colored world.

Taken to the end, all Interweb discussions seem to end in someone being called a racist or Hitler these days.

Last edited:

Law abider

Black church leadfers want cop to resign

He should be saying black, inter city ghetto churches located in the bad areas of Milw.

I am not sure if the black church leaders will agree with you. It is always the cop's fault, always, 100%.

From the Pierce County Herald: Black church leaders seek MPD officer's resignation

MADISON -- Black religious leaders in Madison want police officer Matt Kenny to resign.

The African-American Council of Churches announced that position Monday, six days after the Dane County District Attorney said he would not charge the white Kenny in the shooting death of bi-racial suspect Tony Robinson on March 6.

Bishop Harold Rayford told the Wisconsin State Journal that the church council believes Kenny acted "irrationally and improperly" in shooting Robinson in a Madison apartment building.

D.A. Ismael Ozanne said the officer had just been hit in the head and pushed against a wall by Robinson -- and Kenny believed somebody in the complex would have taken his gun and shot him if he didn't defend himself.

Kenny remains on paid leave while Madison Police wrap up their internal investigation. His lawyer says the officer wants to return to street duty but Police Chief Mike Koval says he'll consider it very carefully, saying he fears for Kenny's safety.

Rayford said his religious group would not feel safe if the 12-year Madison Police veteran returned to street patrol.

Firearms Iinstuctor

I am not sure if the black church leaders will agree with you. It is always the cop's fault, always, 100%.

From the Pierce County Herald: Black church leaders seek MPD officer's resignation

MADISON -- Black religious leaders in Madison want police officer Matt Kenny to resign.

The African-American Council of Churches announced that position Monday, six days after the Dane County District Attorney said he would not charge the white Kenny in the shooting death of bi-racial suspect Tony Robinson on March 6.

Bishop Harold Rayford told the Wisconsin State Journal that the church council believes Kenny acted "irrationally and improperly" in shooting Robinson in a Madison apartment building.

D.A. Ismael Ozanne said the officer had just been hit in the head and pushed against a wall by Robinson -- and Kenny believed somebody in the complex would have taken his gun and shot him if he didn't defend himself.

Kenny remains on paid leave while Madison Police wrap up their internal investigation. His lawyer says the officer wants to return to street duty but Police Chief Mike Koval says he'll consider it very carefully, saying he fears for Kenny's safety.

Rayford said his religious group would not feel safe if the 12-year Madison Police veteran returned to street patrol.

This could be part of the problem don't you think.

Law abider

This could be part of the problem don't you think.

Yep. I feel sorry for those ministers. Did Barrett include them too in his meetings, I mean the black ministers? I know them to be very very religious but they have given platform to the Sharptons and the Jacksons who blame police for their crime ridden neighborhoods. I just can't understand why they can't see or if they see chastise the problematic youth in their flock or have a jail/ street ministry to bring more under their wings.
Barrett's move is in the right direction but he needs a plan to succeed. It is not a gun problem, it is a moral problem.

Law abider

One DOJ attorney from the country of my birthplace says that blacks don't trust police because they enforced Jim Crow laws. That's another longstanding lame excuse. If true then why don't people from India become career criminals here hating the system because the British too had segregation laws. There is something very wrong with the black community. They even kill their own. I guarantee that the prisons and courts in Milwaukee are filled with them.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/05/19/d...m-crow-is-why-black-people-dont-trust-police/

HPmatt

One DOJ attorney from the country of my birthplace says that blacks don't trust police because they enforced Jim Crow laws

I'd like do a man on the street interview in the 'hood asking people what they think 'Jim Crow' is:
a) brand of whiskey,
b) phrase a guy says to have his girl take him back,
c) brand of beef jerky,
d) cousin of their friend Marty....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Law abider

I'd like do a man on the street interview in the 'hood asking people what they think 'Jim Crow' is:
a) brand of whiskey,
b) phrase a guy says to have his girl take him back,
c) brand of beef jerky,
d) cousin of their friend Marty....

One thing is for sure. We forgave the British... I mean my mom's generation and went on with their lives. But I bet every one of my black friends does know Jim Crow and haven't gotten past that. There is so much anger in them about being poor, left out abused by police, rejected etc... I think Barrett needs to invite those black leaders who have succeeded along with black ministers and talk about how to fix the problem. I fear that ISIS/ISIL is targeting them to convert and do an inside job for them. Barrett needs guidance and he needs to get all the black mayors involved too. Milwaukee, Chicago, LA DC etc... need help and if the black churches like firearms suggested pull down their walls against the system it will begin to bear fruit. I have great black colleagues at work, very religious ones and they are striving to do right and support themselves and their families financially by working.

HPmatt

It is just so frustrating - to those doing well like me and my friends - watching this tragedy play out. The misplaced trust/faith in government and democrats that are like ghouls - living off these people on the modern 'government plantation'. The folks in the middle of this huge cloud of ignorance - about how capitalism economics works, how the lazy-ass union educators are robbing these kids/generations of the ability to reason and think logically. The misplaced focus of US/black rap culture is destroying the oppty to rise above it. No way in the world I would invest capital in a neighborhood, city, state, region that doesn't see the benefit creating good conditions to create/build a business and resultant jobs. In fact given the riskiness of the area, an investor would expect an above average return from this risky area. Making it more expensive than other less violent parts of the same town.

You even had the Baltimore retirement home being built by local churches burned down.

The ministers should preach just a few points to the path out of poverty: 1) finish high school (if the teachers actually taught what you were supposed to learn thru 12th), 2) get married before having kids, 3) don't get divorced. Want to say Laura Ingram said these factors result in 90% avoidance of poverty. These principles are all illustrated in Proverbs.

One group I have found are the Rebel Pundit youtube guys in Chicago - figured out the Pols are using them and have no intention to really help.
http://www.rebelpundit.com

Last edited:

Law abider

Black pastor makes terrorist-like threat

This news from Texas confirms my hunch that ISIS will use blacks to carry out their diabolical agenda by using physiological warfare. I am beyond belief that black church pastors ant-up the problem.

FromConservative Byte:
A black pastor has threatened an ISIS-style attack against law enforcement in response to a video showing a Texas officer forcefully pinning a bikini-clad teenage girl and pulling a gun on a group of juveniles at a pool party.

A cell-phone video of the incident has gone viral. But now another video, equally disturbing to some, is starting to make the rounds.

Rev. Ronald Wright, executive director of Justice Seekers Texas, warned Americans in a press conference carried live by MSNBC that a domestic terror attack is coming. He spoke at a rally Monday outside the McKinney Police Department.

“We’re setting the stage for a terrorist attack in this country. And the group is not going to be ISIS; it’s going to be USIS, us against these injustice law officers and people continuing to allow racism to grow into this city,” he said on Thursday.

Read more at http://conservativebyte.com/2015/06/black-dallas-pastor-makes-islamic-state-style-threat/