• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Government Nonsense; Waco Biker Gunfight

sudden valley gunner

Will you be explicit, please, cite the statute so that I can file it away?

I have no love for HOG's, no more than they for cagers, but I do ride a Human Powered Vehicle a lot and resent their riding our legal/legislative advocacy coat-tails.

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=43.101.419

1) The criminal justice training commission shall ensure that issues related to motorcycle profiling are addressed in basic law enforcement training and offered to in-service law enforcement officers in conjunction with existing training regarding profiling.

(2) Local law enforcement agencies shall add a statement condemning motorcycle profiling to existing policies regarding profiling.

(3) For the purposes of this section, "motorcycle profiling" means the illegal use of the fact that a person rides a motorcycle or wears motorcycle-related paraphernalia as a factor in deciding to stop and question, take enforcement action, arrest, or search a person or vehicle with or without a legal basis under the United States Constitution or Washington state Constitution.

HPmatt

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
HHhhhmmmm.... Certainly more complex than early media reports implied. I appreciate the follow-up posts from OCDO members who are following this story more closely than I have the time or energy to do.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
HHhhhmmmm.... Certainly more complex than early media reports implied. I appreciate the follow-up posts from OCDO members who are following this story more closely than I have the time or energy to do.

Indeed - it's a very complex maze of seaming contradictions.

Something went very wrong.

OC for ME

Guilt by proximity it seems. It occurs in many state from time to time. The Dorner Constitution Suspension Event. The Aurora Constitution Suspension Event. The grand daddy of them all, the Boston Constitution Suspension Event.

Waco has joined a exclusive club.

solus

Guilt by proximity it seems. It occurs in many state from time to time. The Dorner Constitution Suspension Event. The Aurora Constitution Suspension Event. The grand daddy of them all, the Boston Constitution Suspension Event.

Waco has joined a exclusive club.

OC4M, please do not leave out the salem incidents which it seems this is turning into...

ipse

Firearms Iinstuctor

Makes me wonder how he was dressed?

What his actions were?

What his comments were?

I am sure he was in a suit and tie out with the family coming home from church holding on to his 5 yoa daughters hand at the time /S/

sudden valley gunner

Makes me wonder how he was dressed?

What his actions were?

What his comments were?

I am sure he was in a suit and tie out with the family coming home from church holding on to his 5 yoa daughters hand at the time /S/

Why would any of that matter?

Maybe his actions, if he did something illegal, yet there is no evidence he did.

Throwing a huge net and grabbing all the fish you can whether they are keepers or not seem to be the modern police/justice systems modus operandi.

HPmatt

Presuming this to be accurate, there is likely a major Ka-ching in Diego Obledo's future.

Nephew of MALDEF founder - family should have lots of democrat walkin' around money to post bail.

Was on probationary hire at USAA, employer has lots of new grads to hire in his place w/o risk of lawsuit in his place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PistolPackingMomma

Why would any of that matter?

Maybe his actions, if he did something illegal, yet there is no evidence he did.

Throwing a huge net and grabbing all the fish you can whether they are keepers or not seem to be the modern police/justice systems modus operandi.

Hey, it worked in Boston, and it worked in Aurora when they seized all those motorists looking for that bank robber, and now Waco.

But hey, once is a freak occurrence. Twice is a coincidence. Three times is a pattern. Four times....*shrug*